Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Constantly Resetting on charge

Hi there. since yesterday, when i plug-in my 4s into charger or pc, it resets itself. shows apple logo and 2-3 min it opens. this will continue until i plug-out my device from charger.

just how can i solve this ? When i check error logs it says panic-date-time.ips

{"os_version":"iOS 8.3 (12F70)","bug_type":"110"}

Incident Identifier: 98D619C2-2BC0-4260-91A0-

643F3C4880C9

CrashReporter Key: 6d3f9dd9c94c2f237e90f7eb5e71312397bf2ec6

Hardware Model: iPhone4,1

Date/Time: 2015-04-17 04:05:50.223 +0300

OS Version: iOS 8.3 (12F70)

Debugger message: WDT timeout

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 6:18 PM

23 replies

Apr 26, 2015 2:47 AM in response to Cisto

Hi.

same problem here with my iPhone 4s.

Incident Identifier: 7EBE3487-1938-4A9E-889F-21650E4F9F41

CrashReporter Key: 863eb739fab38b741f7ee7e1036af9554d1e355d

Hardware Model: iPhone4,1

Date/Time: 2015-04-26 10:41:18.699 +0200

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xa00c8711): "getbufzone: incorect size = 0"

Debugger message: panic

OS version: 12F70

Kernel version: Darwin Kernel Version 14.0.0: Sun Mar 29 19:45:16 PDT 2015; root:xnu-2784.20.34~2/RELEASE_ARM_S5L8940X

Any news about that?

Also tried to reset all settings without any change :-(

thanks

May 1, 2015 7:39 AM in response to Sebas B

Same here, I upgraded my iPhone4S to iOS to 8.3 on April 23 and the reboot while on charging started directly and has increased. Yesterday April 30 I had 13 reboots and every time with the {"os_version":"iOS 8.3 (12F70)","bug_type":"110"} in dignistic and usage.

I have followed the hints here and reset all settings and removed the Battery Doctor. Still same problem. Today the phone crashed totally and neither iTunes nor Finder detects it. 1 hour with the apple logo and I really do not think the phone will wake up again. Why Apple why?

May 1, 2015 8:39 AM in response to divedown

Well, finally called Apple Support as the Apple logo just did not disappeared from the screen and Apple tech support said that the only way to solve the issue is to restore the phone. So here are the procedures for anyone who is in need. Note that all data since last back-up will be lost, in my case only some photos.

1. Turn off the phone (which did not work for me as phone is not responding so I had to reset it by pressing both on/off switch and the home button, again, sigh...)

2. When the screen is dark press the home button and hold it for 20 sec and therafter enter the cable into your phone and to your Mac/PC where you have your iTunes installed. Note: Hold the home button still pressed down when the cable is introduced.

3. The iTunes logo and a cable image pops up on the iPhone screen meanwhile on your Mac/PC the instructions for a restore appears: Note. Click on restore, not update Apple Support said.

4. Follow instructions on your Mac/PC to restore your iPhone and load latest backup.

Thanks Apple support but when I asked if this was a known bug she could not tell, just said that it was not a known bug in iOS8.3 as from what she knew but rather she thought - or guessed maybe- that there could have been a SW glitch when I did my iOS 8.3 upgrade. Who knows, Steve Jobs maybe when he looks down on us, RIP Steve. I do hope that the restore now will remove this reboot problem from my phone.

May 22, 2015 5:59 PM in response to Kuroiteiken

Experiencing same issue after upgraded iPhone5 to iOS 8.3 from iOS 7

The battery is new and can be charged but it's constantly restarting when charger is plugged in and when unplugged, the phone works fine as usual after reset the settings & updated all apps to latest version, except the battery indicator won't refresh itself until next restart.

Incident Identifier: 7DAD35F7-6683-473A-84A3-5E0CDB25A5BC

CrashReporter Key: c38b191a65f9fdd403e09db864e4f99d988afc1b

Hardware Model: iPhone5,2

Date/Time: 2015-05-21 22:31:17.938 +0800

CRC ERR!

Jun 3, 2015 12:40 AM in response to Kuroiteiken

I too have been having this problem with an iPhone 4S after update to 8.3. However after taking note of all above, I have found that the problem seems to reappear approx 7 days after its has been cleared by whatever action you take. So it keeps coming back once you can stop it in the first place.

The errors og getbufzone incorrect =0 causes FSTaskSchedule to panic crash. Under the Diagnostics and Usage Data, there appears two logs created each time it crashes. One is the bug 110 getbufzone in FSTaskScheduler and the other is RESET COUNTERS which is bug 115 (which I think may occur just ahead of the getbufzone error. This all happens when the iPhone does a reset taking between 4 and 8 minutes to repeat the error. At this stage the only way I can get it to charge is to plug it in and then shut it down. It still charges.

I have also noted that any activity on the phone whilst plugged in cause the delay to any crashes. ie. if I use the phone its OK, but leave it idle for 5 minutes or so and it starts its crash sequences.

Looking at the syslog just prior to crash shows the start up of FSTaskScheduler and then 10-15 seconds it crashes.

Jun 3 09:25:24 iPhone wifid[70] <Error>: WiFi:[454987524.458931]: Disable WoW requested by "apsd"

Jun 3 09:25:33 iPhone com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.OTAPKIAssetTool[163]) <Warning>: Could not find program specified by service: 2: No such file or directory: /usr/libexec/OTAPKIAssetTool

Jun 3 09:25:33 iPhone com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.OTAPKIAssetTool[163]) <Notice>: Service setup event to handle failure and will not launch until it fires.

Jun 3 09:25:33 iPhone FSTaskScheduler[164] <Notice>: Started

Jun 3 09:25:33 iPhone findmydeviced[162] <Warning>: findmydeviced has been launched

Jun 3 09:25:34 iPhone findmydeviced[162] <Notice>: (Note ) MC: User has completed cloud configuration. Not showing UI again.

Jun 3 09:25:37 iPhone locationd[64] <Warning>: PLClientLogging: log locationd withContent {

} cannot continue due to nils!

Jun 3 09:25:47 iPhone syncdefaultsd[97] <Notice>: (Note ) marked "com.me.keyvalueservice" topic as "enabled" on <APSConnection: 0x17569c70>

Jun 3 09:25:49 iPhone mobileassetd[108] <Error>: mobileassetd - updateAssetMetadata: unable to perform asset metadata update: Error Domain=MobileAssetError Code=30 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (MobileAssetError error 30.)" UserInfo=0x17dd2f90 {NSUnderlyingError=0x17d82670 "The request timed out."}

NOTE - after you "fix" this problem this task is not activated as shown above .... But it starts to reappear again after 7 days.

I don't know if its related but this seems to have become a problem since I have been "offline" from wifi for most of that time as I have been on the road for most of this time of this problem happening. Back home it always found my WIFI on when the phone was likely to have been plugged in...

OK - so here is how I seems to get 7 days worth on "fix". Close all apps on the IPHONE then I use ITUNES on a windows PC, connect iphone (and quickly before it has time to reset), Tell it to do a RESTORE, let it do a backup, ignore that its going to clear the phone, Accept it wants to reload 8.3 but because I don't have the IOS image currently downloaded to the PC, I abort the process (as it tries to download IOS 8.3), manually restart the phone and the problems appear to have gone and I don't seem to loose any settings or apps etc.

I have been trying this now for the last 2 weeks and each time something along this steps has been working. I have also been using IBACKUPBOT to view the system log file and validate the backup but at this stage I am not sure its doing anything else.

I had tried the RESET ALL but this didn't appear to work for me. I wasn't game to do the ERASE ALL albeit that the same message that happens when you do the RESTORE so I don't know if this would work.

I previously tried removing apps, resets, etc etc but nothing worked but he above.

I believe this is an apple IOS problem but since I cane find out what the heck is FSTaskScheduler and what it does I cant be sure why this has started happening.

Cheers to all and I will update once I find anything more at the next 7 day period!!

Jun 17, 2015 4:36 PM in response to chsi777

Yep, we have this exact same problem. Seems to be a weekly event. I have actually done nothing to the phone to fix it, and the issue goes away, then comes back the next week.

So I think a lot of the fixes that are put on the web actually do nothing at all, in fact from my googling, people talk about a magic fix, then report back a week later saying that the issue is back.

So maybe there is some weekly task in iOS 8.3 that is failing? Some battery maintenance task perhaps, like a recalibration of the battery levels?

Any update chsi777 ?

Jun 18, 2015 6:15 AM in response to Kuroiteiken

This problem continues for me. As I reported previously, any fixes seems to return EXACTLY 7 days after last "fix". So it happened to me on 03 June, then 10th and now the 17th June. I've been trying to reduce the "fix" method (or at least reduce its problems) but for me, it has never fixed itself without me doing something.

Tried just a full reset (after closing down all apps) - Not fixed.

Tried just a backup and a hard reset (power off/button hold) - no fix.

Tried a RESTORE (from iTunes), with a backup of all apps etc then shut down iTunes as it continues to try and download the 1.5GB of IOS 8.3 (still only at 5 % !!!)

Close all apps, do a hard reset, and fix for another week !!!!

SO can APPLE please tell me why FSTASKSCHEDULER which starts up (after a 7 day period) when phone is connected to the charger, with no phone action, and then after screen blanks, couple of minutes causes the error.. This must be a an IOS 8.3 problem (only happened after updating)!!!

Because I don't want to reset my complete phone and do a full reset can APPLE tell me why ios 8.3 caused this problem and why it wont go away and when will it be addressed!! Maybe they can also tell us why doing the action I have been, I get another 7 days of a fully working iphone!!

Bring on ios 10 and allow us to nick off all those things which just bog down the iphone extras!!! Some of us really like the iphone as a mobile phone and not my social director!!

Constantly Resetting on charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.