Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite 10.10.3 Wifi/Bluetooth Issue FIX

As with many frustrated users of Yosemite, I too have been dealing with Wifi and Bluetooth issues since upgrading to Yosemite. Heck, I even downgraded back to Mavericks back in January when my shiny new Magic Mouse would no longer work unless I switched off the Wifi. The heck! With the recent release of 10.10.3, I figured I'd give Yosemite another try. After a few days of what seemed like a solid OS, the dreaded bluetooth/wifi issues presented themselves once again. How can this be? I was bummed, because I really wanted to update my studio's Mac minis to Yosemite. BUT, it doesn't end there. Today, I decided to pursue this issue. Starting fresh, I erased an internal SSD and installed a clean copy of Yosemite 10.10.3. No issues with bluetooth or wifi at this point. Okay, cool. Next, I began to install some apps from the App store. All was well until I installed the latest Adobe Cloud app and then restarted the mini. Mouse issues immediately began. Now we're onto something! Sure acted like a bluetooth/wifi interference issue. It's got to be some sort of broken software between Adobe and Apple here. Next, I started in Safe mode and repaired the permissions, twice. Problem has not returned since...

Is this strictly an Adobe Cloud / Yosemite conflict? I don't know.

Hopefully this is able to help someone else who may be experiencing similar symptoms.

Cheers.

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 10:58 AM

This didn't work for me specifically - but after a solid 6 hours of fiddling, and literally following EVERYONE's hunches - fixing it was very simple: Go into preferences for facetime and turn the new features in Yosemite off - the cell stuff, the integration with email accounts, ALL OF IT. Then, simply turn off wi-fi and turn it back on again - all network problems gone. There are others offering a similar solution at the protocol level, but I couldn't find the suggestion.

No wonder Apple's not saying anything. Making your iPhone ring on your mac screen was a BIG DEAL - except your iPhone and Mac have to be on the same wi-fi for a reason: so they can flood the crap out of it.

Everyone please try this and report back. I'm astonished that I spent so long troubleshooting - of course just disabling key new features would work! I'm running a late 13 MBP Retina on 10.10.3 - I'd held off upgrading to Yosemite until today - it has fixed other issues, but what a waste of a Friday!!!!

EDIT: Specifically, I disabled facetime and ALL options, re-enabled and got both my speed and reliability back. The interesting thing is that through trial and error, I found that it is probably the iCloud integration in Facetime. The good news is, I cannot reproduce the failure. Once it's fixed, you can apparently turn everything back on without issue.

28 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2015 10:58 AM in response to aeelements

This didn't work for me specifically - but after a solid 6 hours of fiddling, and literally following EVERYONE's hunches - fixing it was very simple: Go into preferences for facetime and turn the new features in Yosemite off - the cell stuff, the integration with email accounts, ALL OF IT. Then, simply turn off wi-fi and turn it back on again - all network problems gone. There are others offering a similar solution at the protocol level, but I couldn't find the suggestion.

No wonder Apple's not saying anything. Making your iPhone ring on your mac screen was a BIG DEAL - except your iPhone and Mac have to be on the same wi-fi for a reason: so they can flood the crap out of it.

Everyone please try this and report back. I'm astonished that I spent so long troubleshooting - of course just disabling key new features would work! I'm running a late 13 MBP Retina on 10.10.3 - I'd held off upgrading to Yosemite until today - it has fixed other issues, but what a waste of a Friday!!!!

EDIT: Specifically, I disabled facetime and ALL options, re-enabled and got both my speed and reliability back. The interesting thing is that through trial and error, I found that it is probably the iCloud integration in Facetime. The good news is, I cannot reproduce the failure. Once it's fixed, you can apparently turn everything back on without issue.

Apr 20, 2015 11:17 AM in response to ramboface

That's very interesting, since the iPhone integration was one of the biggest additions in Yosemite. Aside from the particular issue I was having with Adobe Cloud, I've had repeated issues with this bluetooth Magic Mouse and built-in Wifi dropping out on three different Mac minis (Late 2012 models). One of them continued to have mouse issues (sluggish cursor, "connection lost", etc.) even after repairing permissions… So, I disabled the FaceTime integration options per your write-up, and believe it or not, the mouse issues seemed to have disappeared! Unreal stuff here. I don't know if I will even bother re-enabling those options. Thanks for your input on this! We'll see how things go...

May 14, 2015 9:58 AM in response to aeelements

I did a repair of disk permissions and so far the issue has not returned.

Finder > Go > Utilities > Disk Utility > Verify Disk Permissions (wait to finish) > Repair Disk Permissions

I don't remember everything that was changed, but I do remember that most of them were printer permissions which I found odd. It's working fine so far though. I will update this post in a few hours.

May 15, 2015 4:15 PM in response to ramboface

I frankly can hardly believe, after all the wifi issues that this MBA 2013 had when I bought it, and after several months they finally fixed it (but never admitted to having a problem), that I would once again be fighting with this issue. This company's integrity has gone down the sewer. I have tried the fix, seems to work for a while, then the problem returns.

May 15, 2015 5:14 PM in response to Cheezip

Eh it kept happening. I ended up completely resetting my router to its default settings then reconfiguring it without doing anything special. My connection issues have not returned.

Perhaps there are compatibility issues from this update. I'm still irritated because it worked perfectly fine before I updated to 10.10.3. I haven't messed with my router settings in nearly a year.

Yosemite 10.10.3 Wifi/Bluetooth Issue FIX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.