Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes will not open (MBP Yosemite 10.10.3)

Hi all.

I have a MacBook Pro running Yosemite 10.10.3 and I suddenly (as of tonight) cannot open the iTunes app. Tried opening from the Dock and the App folder. Tried restarting and resetting PRAM. Still nothing. When I click on the icon absolutely nothing happens.

Thanks for all help.

PM

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Long-time Apple user

Posted on Apr 18, 2015 9:13 PM

9 replies

Apr 19, 2015 2:41 PM in response to Glenn Moore

Got the same issue, tried reinstalling but nope.

The only (boring) way I found to open iTunes, is:

1. Go the Application folder
  2. Right click on iTunes icon and then select "Show Package Contents"
  3. Go to Contents->MacOS and then launch iTunes executable

In this way, I managed getting iTunes up and running, but if I connect my iPod Classic, it isn't recognized and I can't sync it anymore.

N.B. This only happened after upgrading to Yosemite 10.10.3 and to the latest release of iTunes.

Quite boring issue.

Apr 19, 2015 7:49 PM in response to Glenn Moore

Hi,

This appears to be a bug in the Yosemite update as many people are reporting it. One temporary solution appears to be to delete iTunes first using a Terminal command and then reinstall it. See this thread. Re: iTunes 12.1.2 will not open

It may be a good idea to report it to Apple so that they will get around to fixing it. http://www.apple.com/feedback/

iTunes will not open (MBP Yosemite 10.10.3)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.