Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 running iOS 8.3 not connecting to siri, apple store, app store, youtube, VPN

iPhone 6, 128GB

iOS 8.3

Occasionally Siri will say "Sorry, I seem to have lost my internet connection." When this happens, I also do not have access to applications: App store, Apple Store, YouTube, Feedback (which currently has been deleted since I removed the iOS beta testing profile in hopes to fix this problem.) I also cannot connect to Apple's website through Safari and my VPN. As far as I know, these are the only things I cannot access; every other app connects to the internet just fine, this problem is both seen through Wi-Fi and my carrier's LTE data.

The problem first appeared during beta testing, and when I was able to connect to the Feedback app I was able to report the bug the best I could. Since I removed the Feedback app in hopes to fix the dropped Wi-Fi/data connection to Apple and other sources, I cannot report the bug through the Feedback app.

I have no idea what causes it. The cause seems really random since I get connection to Siri, VPN, etc. then I lose connection. I have tried turning off my phone and turning it back on. I have tried deleting the beta profile then turning off my phone and turning it back on. I have not tried restoring my phone from a back up - yet. I am unsure if it would solve the problem because the back up would also back-up the bug too, right?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 2:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 1:11 PM

Got this problem as well :s

18 replies

Apr 21, 2015 1:03 PM in response to wryin

Adding to the list of features not working(I don't know how or if I can edit my original post):

- Apple Pay

- Voice to Text (Dictation)

I was trying to use Gmail on Wi-Fi, but kept getting an offline error until I switched to LTE. This could be a Gmail glitch so I am not going to consider it as a Wi-Fi problem until I'm certain since Gmail worked fine on Wi-Fi during all this in the past.

So far, I have tried to restore my device from a backup and reset my network settings but neither have fixed the problems listed.

I have also opted to send Diagnostic & Usage data to Apple in hopes this bug will be fixed in a later update.

I also remembered when I first had to instal iOS 8.3. My Wi-Fi and LTE were not connecting to Apple to verify the software install, so I used a family member's (using the same phone carrier and plan as me) iPhone 6 Plus's hotspot to connect to their LTE to download iOS 8.3 in attempts to fix this.

Apr 23, 2015 8:21 AM in response to TheSoprano

I had two VPN profiles from disconnect. A free one from disconnect kids and a paid one. I should have tried removing the kids one first then the other one.

Although everything seems to be working fine, my YouTube app had trouble connecting last night and Google.com would not connect, but after a few minutes they both did.

Apr 23, 2015 8:38 AM in response to wryin

Considering that iOS 8.3 was essentially a security release with little or no new features added save more support for the watch, a common thread "behind the scenes" that I see in all these threads is external to the device. In spite what many users may believe.

As we've seem happen in the Mac (i.e., Yosemite), Apple is inexorably tightening the level of compliance its Operating Systems have towards security standards established internationally for awhile now. This spares the company from liability, especially in this ever more cyberdangerous environment. But creates a nightmare for us users when the rest of the chain (carriers, websites, service providers, etc.) fail to follow suit.

Fortunately, in may cases like that detailed in this specific thread, forcing the device to renegotiate connection or operational parameters by reloading or reconfiguring has worked in reestablishing functionality.

Apr 30, 2015 7:43 AM in response to wryin

Tried to "Reset Network Settings", but still can't get Siri or any voice recognition. Other sites all work fine. My problem is not intermittent. I don't have any VPN set up. I hate to have to reinit the entire phone in the hope that it does something to fix the problem. "Sorry, I seem to have lost my internet connection". Tried Wi-fi only, cell network only (AT&T).

iPhone 6 running iOS 8.3 not connecting to siri, apple store, app store, youtube, VPN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.