Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mono not playing from browser

After updating to 10.2 when I play a dual mono clip from the browser window its not coming out in the speakers. I guess it is something MIDI setup og something because it peaks on the internal fcpx audio meter. But the meter is only showing one channel (M) - and when I put it in the project line where there is a two channel audio out it plays in the speakers. What is it I need to change so I can hear the audio from the browser window?

Kind regards

Henrik

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 2:32 AM

7 replies

Apr 21, 2015 8:12 AM in response to Helms

I too am having this problem. Did not have this issue in previous versions of FCPX.

I'm monitoring thru a MOTU896mk3, and browser audio is being sent to another output (in this case Analog 1) rather than the Main Left/Right. Dragging the clip onto the timeline sends the audio out the correct outputs so I can hear it. There doesn't seem to be a dialog window anywhere to correct this so I'm assuming this is a bug.

This is a MAJOR pain in the butt - I edit music concerts shot with independent (not timecode locked) cameras and being able to hear the audio in the browser is a huge requirement.

Hopefully this is dealt with quickly as I'm sure that I'm not the only one who finds it to work with this issue.

Apr 21, 2015 8:40 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

I have confirmed that the input/output settings in my sound preferences are set to the correct ins/outs. And I have the latest OS (10.10.3) installed. This issue is ONLY with the browser - timeline audio is fine. I can see it sending the browser audio out a separate output on my interface and there doesn't seem to be a way to tell FCPX to send the browser audio to a different output (or in this case the correct Main L/R outputs). So I'm assuming this a bug with either the OS or FCP...

I suppose I could set the outputs of my Mac to the internal speaker just to see if the browser audio shows up there...

Mono not playing from browser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.