Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi,I know this is a longwinded question so here goes. If I had version10.6.8 erased the hard drive but the flash drive I used was for 10.5.8...Is there any way I can get 10.

I'm really kicking myself over this one because my instinct told me not to do it,my instinct is almost always right...But I did it anyway. My thought was that it would do some sort of upgrade and I could go from there. Found that out the hard way. I can't play games or watch movies or Youtube because there aren't any flash players up to date. HELP?! No I'm not a dummy either,I'm really not lol.

Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 6:52 PM

23 replies

Apr 21, 2015 9:30 AM in response to Paula55J

If your mac was originally delivered with Tiger, someone must have bought the Leopard and SnowLeopard discs. You have to use a retail SnowLeopard disc to upgrade. If you or your sponsor who gave you the mac should have it. If not find someone who has. Or you can still buy the disc from Apple, find out how on this forum.

Apr 21, 2015 12:09 PM in response to Paula55J

Go to Adobe: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

There at the left click "Need Flashplayer for a different computer?"

This brings you to a new page, there choose your operating system: now you see that you need at least 10.6 !!

(And then you can select a different version depending on your browser).

You can do three things:

1. go on with your quest for a SnowLeopard disc, and install it then install Flashplayer as I said above.

2. In Safari main Menu, there is probably an entry called "Extensions". If so select it and see if you find a player there; maybe Schockwave or Realplayer or Quicktime..., I do not remember those days.

3. download Flashplayer for 10.5 (Leopard) here https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

Flash Player 10.3.183.90

Mac OS X 10.5

Lex

Hi,I know this is a longwinded question so here goes. If I had version10.6.8 erased the hard drive but the flash drive I used was for 10.5.8...Is there any way I can get 10.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.