Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi connected but no internet for a minute

Since last update for Yosemite 10.10.3 , whenever my MacBook pro early 2013 goes to sleep, the wifi disconnects and it can take up to a minute to reconnect when it wakes.

As soon as it wakes I have no internet connection, the WiFi indicator is on, as if connected, but in fact there is no internet for some time, usually between 30 secs to a minute.

many times i need to disconnect and reconnect the wifi, in hopes it works faster

This is happening using 5 different wireless systems ,including apple and cisco products, at home friends and office

Any ideas what to do?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), mail Version 8.2 (2098)

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 5:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply
2 replies

Apr 21, 2015 10:28 AM in response to Eric Root

I found the "Rebuild your Mac’s entire network configuration" section in the "Wi-Fi Problems in OS X Yosemite (3)" article to be helpful. I deleted all those files and then restarted, and now my wifi is responding as it should after waking from sleep (that is, immediately instead of having to wait like a minute to be able to do anything). This has shown to work now after forcing sleep from the Apple menu and from closing the laptop, but it remains to be seen whether this will work for idle sleep. I will update this post if it does not.

MacBook Pro Retina 15 inch Mid 2014

OS X 10.10.3

wifi connected but no internet for a minute

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.