Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I post to communities using iOS device

Just curious why I can't post to Apple Support Communities using an iOS device. Maybe I am naive, but I figured....Apple product, Apple forum??? Figured there would be some compatibility.

I can read posts just fine, it's just when I hit reply, nothing happens. What's the deal?

FYI I'm typing this from my iMac.

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 10:01 AM

51 replies

Apr 23, 2015 10:51 AM in response to firemediclex

I too am on a Mac. I have seen a "dead" Reply link on occasion.

1. Your session has Timed Out (±30 minutes of 'no navigating')
  2. A glitch that only happens periodically - no explaining it, it just does (not often for me lately)

To test - do all in quick succession:

1. Come here
  2. log in
  3. click any thread
  4. click Reply

If joy, then one of the two at the top is at play

buenos tardes

ÇÇÇ

Apr 23, 2015 11:14 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

FYI...

I am on a iMac now... HOWEVER my question is only in reference to iOS devices (iPad, iPhone, etc)

1. I have never had an issue posting on this Mac

2. The issue is on my iPad and my iPhone. (it has never worked) for years. (multiple devices.)

NOBODY that I know can access a reply on Apple Support Communities with their iOS device. Do you own an Apple iOS device? Try it, you will see.

My question is why would Apple not make this website compatible with their own devices. Are they using flash on their page? lol😁

What's up with this?

Apr 23, 2015 11:30 AM in response to firemediclex

NOBODY that I know can access a reply on Apple Support Communities with their iOS device. Do you own an Apple iOS device? Try it, you will see.

I own an iPad Air. The site is compatible. Actually, there are two iPads in this household and both can access ASC quite nicely. Open your browser and see if you can get this page to load:

https://discussions.apple.com/welcome

If Safari doesn't work, download and try Atomic Lite (my preferred browser on the iPad).

Apr 23, 2015 2:35 PM in response to firemediclex

You can only read the forums here (on most iOS devices) using Safari for iOS, but some third-party browsers allow you to post, edit posts and even add pictures. I've had success here (to one degree or another) using 360 Browser (which also implements Firefox Sync for bookmarks and tabs) and Ghostery on my iPhone and iPad. You might also try Opera Mini and Atomic Web as alternatives to Safari.

Apr 23, 2015 3:31 PM in response to Tuttle

Tuttle

You can only read the forums here (on most iOS devices) using Safari for iOS, but some third-party browsers allow you to post, edit posts and even add pictures. I've had success here (to one degree or another) using 360 Browser (which also implements Firefox Sync for bookmarks and tabs) and Ghostery on my iPhone and iPad. You might also try Opera Mini and Atomic Web as alternatives to Safari.

thanks for the great answer!🙂

Apr 23, 2015 3:41 PM in response to Tuttle

Tuttle wrote:

This is totally incorrect....

I often use my iPad to post to these Communities via Safari...

For someone with your level of helping people, I'm surprised at such an ill informed answer...

Apr 23, 2015 3:50 PM in response to The Art Of Sound

More info.... I can't reply from my iPhone or my iPad mini. But I CAN reply from my daughters iPod touch. WTH!?!? All three device are running iOS 8.3

When I click on the reply link, it is dead. When I touch and hold down the link, An option tab pops up and says "Java Script" at the top, and an "Open" selection. When I touch open , nothing happens. Def a settings issue.

The safari setting has java script enabled (green).

Im about out of ideas

Why can't I post to communities using iOS device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.