Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WhatsApp not connecting on new iPhone 6 Plus

Hello there,

I switched from iPhone 4S to iPhone 6 plus using only iTunes (I don't use iCloud). Everything works fine, except WhatsApp which is constantly "Connecting". The iPhone is unlocked (I didn't buy it with a SIM) and I tried entering the settings for my carrier in the Cellular Data menu, but nothing changes, only WhatsApp from all apps isn't working. I really don't want to reinstall it, because I don't want to lose all my conversations. If anyone has an idea on how my problem might be solved, please feel free to share.

Thanks.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 2:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 1:34 PM

HI Positivet,

i had same problem with you, after couple days trying different ways,finally i've solve the problem. I am not sure if this works for you, but the below is the way how i get done.

for me is 5s to new ip6

i didnt backup whatsapp to icloud before due to full storage, so i deleted my iphone5s backup to free some icloud storage

put my sim back to 5s, open whatsapp, go to chat backup, chick "backup now", to backup whatsapp data to icloud. (My 5s still has the old data)

after backup, put the sim back to ip6, re-install whatsapp, then icloud restore. Thought it take couple hours, but finally done.

i feel like reborn now, hope it works to you too.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2015 1:34 PM in response to PositivET

HI Positivet,

i had same problem with you, after couple days trying different ways,finally i've solve the problem. I am not sure if this works for you, but the below is the way how i get done.

for me is 5s to new ip6

i didnt backup whatsapp to icloud before due to full storage, so i deleted my iphone5s backup to free some icloud storage

put my sim back to 5s, open whatsapp, go to chat backup, chick "backup now", to backup whatsapp data to icloud. (My 5s still has the old data)

after backup, put the sim back to ip6, re-install whatsapp, then icloud restore. Thought it take couple hours, but finally done.

i feel like reborn now, hope it works to you too.

Jun 1, 2016 7:07 AM in response to Azizdost

Try these steps:

• Check App Update: Open App Store from your iPhone or iPad > Tap Updates > Check if the app needs update.
  • Restart your iPhone or iPad: Hold down the Sleep/Wake button to power it off and turn it on.
  • Close the app: Open Multitasking by double pressing the Home button > Swipe the non-response apps up to close it.

If an app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support

If all else fails, wait for an update from the app developer of the WhatsApp app which is solely responsible for making their apps compatible with Apple software.

WhatsApp not connecting on new iPhone 6 Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.