Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change in iPhoto to Photos is Sickening

Does anyone else feel as I do?

What Apple has done by changing the entire setup of iphoto is appalling.

I cannot find ANY photos that I had arranged. What the **** good is it to force us to put them in by date? We had that option before!!!

I am so GD angry over this, I am going to get rid of apple and move on.

I had no idea they would do something so drastic that would ruin a collection of several thousand photos. I do not even know that I can ever get back what I had.

Shouldn't collections of ANYTHING, be organized according to how the person who owns them, decides to do it?

To make it THEIR OWN collection, not something that is forced upon them and organized according to how SOMEONE ELSE wants it done?!

This is sickening and I am extremely angry almost in tears.

I cannot even figure out how to put my photos back to the groupings I had them in....

Done with a company that can give me this much stress and anger.

Done.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 3:28 PM

40 replies

Apr 26, 2015 3:55 PM in response to Csound1

Why would you believe a sarcastic and demeaning reply would be worth while to me?

You do realize that many of us are not as smart as you when it comes to computer work, or would that be beyond the scope of the arrogant?

It isn't easy for me to figure this out.

I do not "KNOW" how to "go back to iphoto and do not understand how that would be useful if Apple is no longer working on it~ doesn't that mean it will for all intents and purposes be useless?

I thought this was a "support" area, not a place to come to have more stress applied and to be demeaned.

To lose photographs in an unorganized manner, through nothing a person has done is not serious to you, but it is to someone who is not computer savvy.

Please do not reply to me again.

Ever.

Apr 26, 2015 3:57 PM in response to lladyon

lladyon wrote:

Why would you believe a sarcastic and demeaning reply would be worth while to me?

You do realize that many of us are not as smart as you when it comes to computer work, or would that be beyond the scope of the arrogant?

It isn't easy for me to figure this out.

I do not "KNOW" how to "go back to iphoto

Open iPhoto.

If you need help with that ask again, try not to be so insulting this time, I won't answer but others may.

Good luck.

Apr 26, 2015 3:59 PM in response to jazcan

Thank you I will read it.

I do not know how to return to the previous program.

Why in the first place, would apple not warn us in advance?When people make up collections of anything, they organize them in the manner they can relate to, for whatever reason that is.

Collections belong to the person who puts them together.

Why would any brainchild ever believe that forcing a method of organizing on others would make people happy? How can I possible relate to someone's idea of how it should be done?!

This is really just too much for a company to be so invasive, It is invading someone's private material.

Apr 26, 2015 4:02 PM in response to lladyon

lladyon wrote:

Thank you I will read it.

I do not know how to return to the previous program.

Once again, the previous program (iPhoto) has not left, it is still on your Mac just as it was, as is its library. 'Going back' requires you to start iPhoto, and when asked whether to use Photos or iPhoto you can make your choice.

Apr 26, 2015 4:04 PM in response to lladyon

You can be as angry as you wish, but without action on your part, nothing will happen. Apple have the right to change what they wish in any OS X and not seek our approval. I don't use Photos, but I see no reason why it's presence should interfere with my use of iPhotos and Aperture, which I am continuing to use as always for the time being. I found the loss of Appleworks many years ago to be a bigger inconvenience as there was no substitute forthcoming. But I lived.

Pete

Apr 26, 2015 5:53 PM in response to Csound1

I was scared a bit at first til I realized that I could go back to the familiar organization in the new Photos program. If you click on View> Show Sidebar, you will get the option to show the original iPhoto Events view. The view is reversed, with newest at the top, but it is the same as in iPhoto. I will try to adjust to the new program as I'm sure Apple will add improvements with time. And there will be no more iPhoto support. I do still have iPhoto, just in case....

Change in iPhoto to Photos is Sickening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.