Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just upgrade the latest iPhoto version and I lost most of my photos@%# How can I retrieve them ???

I just upgrade the latest iPhoto version and I lost most of my photos@%# How can I retrieve them ???

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10), 2.6 Ghz, intel core i7

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 5:44 PM

6 replies

Apr 26, 2015 8:05 PM in response to ni_epsilon

ni_epsilon wrote:

By iPhoto I assume you mean the new Photos app that came with the latest Yosemite update. If so, you need to import the iPhoto Library by choosing the import command and locating the iPhoto library (usually in /Users/(your user name)/Pictures/) and choosing it as the file to import.

In response to Zorro1960:

Also I found another library but cannot open it because it says "To open it, you must upgrade to the latest version of iPhoto."

you may want to install the latest Yosemite update which includes the new Photos app and then follow the steps above.

If your iPhoto library cannot be found in the above location than it was most likely changed in the preferences of iPhoto.

Hope this helps

on a side note, if for some reason you are bent on keeping iPhoto and not getting the Photos app, then I recommend holding control + left click when you start iPhoto and point it to the library that you wanted instead of the one you accidentally chose. Hope it helps.

Apr 26, 2015 8:10 PM in response to ni_epsilon

Problem SOLVED!

When I installed the new Photo app I selected the wrong library. I had 2 iPhoto library and 1 aperture library. To select the correct library move your cursor over the Photo app hold down the option key and click on the Photo app once. A window will open and where you can select the right library !

For all of you having the same issue I hope this is helpful !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.