Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software Update Pro Video Formats Version 2.0.1 keeps asking to be installed

Last week I ran Software Update on my Mac and it brought up several different items that needed to be updated. Among them was was n OS X update called "Pro Video Formats" (Version 2.0.1). So I ran it.

Subsequently, every time I reboot my Mac, I get the little badge on the App Store icon in my doc indicating that there's one or more items that needs to be updated awaiting my attention in the App Store. So I open it up and there is the "Pro Video Formats" update, Version 2.0.1, asking once again to be installed.

I've now installed and re-installed it a total of SIX TIMES! And I'm sure that tomorrow morning when I boot up my Mac, it will once again tell me there's an update waiting to be installed called Pro Video Formats Version 2.0.1.

What's up with this? (I've also posed this question in the OS X support group, but since it pertains to video codecs, I figured my best bet to get an informed answer would be in the Final Cut X forum.)

How do I make this stop? I'm guessing that the update never properly installed in the first place.

How do I fix it?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 5:26 PM

3 replies

Software Update Pro Video Formats Version 2.0.1 keeps asking to be installed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.