Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The new NBC Sports App does not appear.

The new NBC Sports App does not appear on my AppleTV menu although I have the latest hardware and software. The device is connected through Ethernet to a high speed network and everything else works normally. I rebooted the AppleTV as well and it still doesn't appear.

Any ideas why this is happening and how do I fix it?

or is it that the roll out has not reached NYC yet?

Thanks.

Roberto.

AppleTV 2

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2015 8:11 AM

The support of NBC Sports was only announced earlier this week. It will actually become available on your Apple TV a bit later.

26 replies

Apr 28, 2015 8:23 AM in response to abrarob1

I'm not seeing it yet, either. From my experience, it is unusual for a new Apple TV channel to not become available to its target region directly after launch, but I can only speculate that the metered rollout could have something to do with making sure the network infrastructure is in place to ensure everything goes smoothly. There were a pair of high profile NHL playoff games airing at the same time last night, and adding a ton of new users surely would've taxed the network.

Apr 29, 2015 10:40 AM in response to abrarob1

Hey everyone, stop resetting and other troubleshooting steps. It's a waste of your time. I spent over an hour on the phone with the Apple techs. In the end a manager admitted that the same thing with HBOGo happened here. NBC Sports was released, we all rushed to activate, and we crashed things. So now they are doing a structured roll out where customers will get it at random times in order to prevent another crash. That's why most of the older AppleTv's already have it back (less users). Just sit around and wait. I know it *****. I'm ****** off too. But it will come back. In the meantime, I'll just be happy I have a Roku too..

Apr 29, 2015 12:07 PM in response to rockhill04

Yeah, unfortunately I have nothing to do with this. Just passing off what was said to me by the manager. Slowly over the next few weeks it will be rolled out to different groups of people till everyone has it again. He didn't have an ETA for when it will be open to everyone, or any details on how they decide which AppleTv's to roll out too and when.

The new NBC Sports App does not appear.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.