Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you copy photos from Photos on Macbook Air and paste onto Word doc?

How do I copy photos from Photos (NOT iPhoto) onto a word document? I recently updated my macbook and in the update I got Photos onto my macbook instead of iPhoto. iPhoto was still there but was made incompatible because the update wasn't available in my country yet. I also read something about how to get iPhoto to start working again which involved putting it in the trash for whatever reason which apparently worked but just deleted my iPhoto (not in trash). I think it said something about only deleting the icon but I must have done it wrong. I could get it back from a disc but for the moment I have to use Photos.

An issue I am having is I need the photos I save in Photos to paste into word documents and it's a pain to save everything to my desktop. The insert photos only works with iPhoto which I don't have at the moment and the clicking 'copy' on Photos doesn't work as when I paste into Word nothing appears.

I am using a OS X Yosemite Macbook Air version 10.10.3, Word 2011 and Photos version 1.0

Thanks if you have any idea

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Word 2011

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 3:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 7:34 AM

for update help see - Why won't my iPhotos open?

And Word has a media viewer I believe which will allow you to access your Photo library - or you can aways export a photo, place it and then delete the desktop copy

LN

5 replies

May 4, 2015 4:11 AM in response to LlamaPufferfish

I have lost basic functionality of mouse click "copy and paste" of photos into my word doc too.

With I-Photo I was able to mouse click and “copy" photos out of ‘i-photo’ and "paste" with a mouse click into my Word document

Now that I have upgraded to Yosemite and lost iPhoto and have a new app called "Photo" I have lost that basic functionality.

I need to write reports and include photos taken on my iPhone in the reports...

The upgrade to "photo" from i-photo, has taken a backwards step in user friendliness and lost this basic functionality.

May 4, 2015 4:16 AM in response to TheQuoll

This "work around" is longwinded but will get you out of trouble until Apple (hopefully) fix this basic problem.

Firstly open "photo" and export selected photo to "desktop".

using "finder"

go to word doc and click where you want to insert photo

then insert file using "finder" t see the files on your desktop.

That was how I got a photo out of "photo" and into my word doc.

How do you copy photos from Photos on Macbook Air and paste onto Word doc?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.