Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ad.Adbirdie.com

Hii, I can't open any site in any browser, it keep directing me to www.ad.adbirdie.com. It looks like a adware. Can any one help me get rid of this. I already tried factory restore

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 5:56 AM

13 replies

May 5, 2015 4:08 AM in response to Chahal54321

I am facing the same problem in all my apple devices since last 2-3 weeks. iPhone 5s, iPhone 6 and iPad. None of the devices are ever jail broken or tampered with. I formatted/ restored all devices. Nothing seem to work. It redirec to adbirdie than youradexchange and then some random app opens in AppStore. There isn't any information on internet about it. It's getting really annoying.

May 5, 2015 7:03 AM in response to Chahal54321

This is getting really annoying indeed. I'm having the same problem on my brand new MacBook Air, so you can only imagine how ****** I am also how displeased I was when I found out that there are no effective tools for this - I used to run Malwarebytes on my PC for such issues in the past, and it always got me out of trouble, but there is not a version of it for Mac! tried all the AdwareMedic tool, etc. but none of them detected anything - though apparently this stuff has been around for quite some time now. The main problem for me is that the adware - or whatever it is called - prevents me from checking some pages I really need to get access to, redirecting me to a page in Turkish saying that I miss a plug-in and to download it, which I obviously wouldn't...this on top of the opening of extra tabs redirecting to adbirdie, youradexchange and to some other scam.

May 5, 2015 7:08 AM in response to muckanayumka

I tried to google translate your guide and I've got a rough idea of what should be done, unfortunately the translation is still too poor to fully understand all the steps that you detailed. Could you please sum up what you did in English for us and/or publish an English version of it, that would be most helpful:) I am so sick of this and of looking for solutions on the internet that I would almost throw the Mac out of the window, I swear. Also I don't feel safe inputting any sensitive information in the computer anymore, so I am basically stuck. Please help

May 5, 2015 8:34 AM in response to gndre

From the description of symptoms this appears to have nothing to do with your computer, iPhone, iPad or any other computing device. It may be an infected WiFi router, or your ISP is injecting the malware into the data stream to your device. There have been several reported attacks on vulnerable routers recently.

One thing to try (no guarantees) is to prefix all of your web addresses with https:// instead of http:// this forces end-to-end encryption, and may get past the infection. Another would be to use a VPN connection or Tor.

May 6, 2015 7:46 AM in response to gndre

I turned off JavaScript in my iPhone and ipad in safari setting. It has stopped the malware effects in safari atleast. But most of the websites require JavaScript to operate many features so it's not a solution But it allows you to visit pages without malware.

I get the same problem while using internet through cellular data so it should not be only linked to router.

May 9, 2015 12:15 PM in response to gndre

Clearing the DNS cache has worked for me. Just go to command prompt and clear DNS cache using ipconfig /flushdns.

For more safety you can change the DNS server setting to google public DNS, 8.8.8.8 , 8.8.4.4

And for Iphones and ipads, just go to settings -> wi-fi -> your network info and chanve DNS to 8.8.8.8 , 8.8.4.4

everything is working perfectly fine now.

Ad.Adbirdie.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.