Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch not syncing with iPhone activity app

My watch does not always sync my activity to the activity app on iPhone. I have to reboot my phone to get my activity to sync. Anyone else finding this issue?

Apple Watch, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 1, 2015 3:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2015 7:48 PM

Yeah having the exact same problem, its seems to take hours at times even when connected to WIFI. Restarting the app doesn't work but restarting the phone seems to do the trick. Would be nice if it would sync more often or there was at least an option on the phone app to force a sync.

Apple Watch, IOS 8.3

41 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2015 7:48 PM in response to Alexroet

Yeah having the exact same problem, its seems to take hours at times even when connected to WIFI. Restarting the app doesn't work but restarting the phone seems to do the trick. Would be nice if it would sync more often or there was at least an option on the phone app to force a sync.

Apple Watch, IOS 8.3

Apr 16, 2017 6:44 PM in response to iris12

Same problem. Many of the solutions previously proposed have been working, but this seems to be one-shot. I read somewhere that the iPhone and the Watch need to be left charging next to one another for 8 hours a day - a target difficult for me to achieve because I only sleep 5 to 6 hours a day.

Eventually the data on the Apple Watch are not lost, as they end up charging on the iPhone, but that is VERY slow.

I wish Apple coulkd come up with a solution to fix this.

Apr 17, 2017 7:58 PM in response to Green-sky

Update to my last message.

Yesterday it came to the point that my Watch (Apple Watch 2) and my iPhone (IPhone 6) did not synchronise at all during the whole day. With much reluctance, I decided to un-pair the Watch and re-pair ir with the iPhone.

In order not to lose any data, I decided to let them a chance to synchronise during the night and do it when I'd wake up. Luckily, they synchronised during the night so I didn't lose any health data. I re-paired the Watch chosing the "safeguard of a former watch" option (as opposed to "pair as a new watch"). The operation enabled to solve the issue - most likely until it reappears. 😕

May 4, 2015 3:14 AM in response to iris12

IM having the same issue. Rebooting phone worked once, but just noticed that all of yesterday's updates didn't get to activity app on iPhone, although the badges I earned for the activity dId! So I know the watch synced since I now have badges that reflect correctly, but don't match the activity level stored on phone. Weird.

May 12, 2015 6:50 PM in response to iris12

My activity app isn't syncing either. It's strange how things USED to work, but no longer do. I've had the watch for 12 days, and apparently have only stood during the first 3 days. Walks outside used to register as workouts, and now I get 0 minutes on the exercise wheel (even when starting the activity using the workout app). It's pretty frustrating since I only got the watch for the fitness aspect. Fitbit is looking pretty good right about now.

Watch not syncing with iPhone activity app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.