Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPrint no longer compatible with canon printer?

Hi, a pensioner couple I help out on the technology front have been using an iPad 2 and iPhone 5 and printing to a Canon MG5460 via AirPrint for about a year without a problem. Then one of the Apple software updates to their devices about a month or so ago broke AirPrint somehow (don't know which update). The devices are now talking enough to trigger printing and paper load, but the printed text etc isn't transferring - i.e. pages are coming out blank.

I did a firmware update on the Canon device thinking that might solve it. But it has made no difference, the problem still exists. If I print via iPad or iPhone there is no text printed. If I print from a mac via AirPrint some text is printed but it is clearly distorted and fragmented.

They do all their document printing through Pages but since the problem started I downloaded google docs and also tried via that - same result. Everything seems to be in working order on the hardware front except the AirPrint data transfer part.

Does anyone have a suggestion on what to try next?

Thanks

Posted on May 1, 2015 8:13 PM

2 replies

AirPrint no longer compatible with canon printer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.