Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i downloaded some additional content, it shows up in one instrument just the additional content but not my original library, and on every other instrument it only shows the original content without the additional content.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Mac Pro, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 2, 2015 9:29 AM

7 replies

May 2, 2015 11:08 AM in response to DavidQuinn1993

I actually don't understand what your issue really is.. but..

If you look at your second screenshot you will see you haven't scrolled across in the library to show all the Hi Hats....

Secondly, you do realize you are looking at Library channel strip patches and not instrument patches or presets yes?

Finally,

You might find it useful to take a look at Edgar's excellent 'Gem' visual guides to Logic Pro X to be able to better understand how to use Logic Pro X...

http://www.dingdingmusic.com/DingDing/Manuals.html

Take a look at the free 10.1 new features one to get a good idea of what they contain.... I use the iPad iBooks interactive version (and to a lesser extent the PDF versions) and have found them very useful when trying to explain concepts / how to use LPX to my clients...

May 2, 2015 11:19 AM in response to DavidQuinn1993

DavidQuinn1993 wrote:

I can also find my original content on the macintosh HD but i can't seem to locate the additional content on there. REALLY FRUSTRATING.

Your frustration appears to stem from the fact you do not fully understand how to use Logic Pro X at this time, hence my suggestion about the Gem guides..

Take a deep breath.... and do some studying first... There are also plenty of videos out there.. Just search YouTube for Logic Pro X, pick a subject.. and take a little time to watch and learn.

You might, if you have not done so already, go to Logic's Preferences and turn on all the Advanced Tools so logic works with all its features enabled instead of working in what we call "Garageband Pro' mode... as many such videos and guides show examples with these features turned on.

If, after doing this, you have a specific question please feel free to post it up here and hopefully one of the users will try and help you....

Note: If you are not aware.... This is not an Apple supported forum.. It is supported by other Users like yourself...

Why doesn't Apple answer the questions that we ask about Logic Pro?

May 2, 2015 5:33 PM in response to The Art Of Sound

What i mean is, in the 2nd screenshot that is all i am shown is the additional content that i have downloaded and not the full "user channel settings". But say i load up a new project, it will only show me what is there in the 1st screenshot and if i look through it for the additional content i downloaded it is not there. So i thought if i could find the actual files on my hard drive i would be able to obviously put them in with everything else. But they don't seem to be anywhere and that is where my confusion is. I appreciate you're trying to help me but i am fine with every other aspect of logic pro and i know this is a very basic problem which is why it is extremely frustrating, so yeah whenever i load a new instrument aside from the one that was open when i downloaded the additional content, the additional content is nowhere to be seen.

May 2, 2015 5:51 PM in response to DavidQuinn1993

You do realize the first screenshot is of an Instrument track and the second is of an Audio track yes?

In the second screenshot.. You are also using Channel Strip patches...................... which for an Audio track, loads in combinations of different FX presets.... so what do you think you are missing in the second screenshot?

Note: There is different content shown in the Channel Strip Library for Instrument tracks compared to Audio tracks... as they are two different types of tracks...

i downloaded some additional content, it shows up in one instrument just the additional content but not my original library, and on every other instrument it only shows the original content without the additional content.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.