Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please help with this ridiculous Yosemite OS X.

Hi all. I never thanked the person that helped me back in 2011, when I asked my first question. TYSVVM. I was so into my Mac, How very rude of me….But, I really appreciated your help.🙂

I have a new question again. I imagine you all are sick of this question. HOW DO YOU UNISTALL THIS STUID YOSEMITE OS X PLEASE😠. My keyboard isn’t working well right now so no question marks…Sorry.

I have removed the download,, the apps, everything I have in here. I have had my Mackeeper uninstall what it’s supposed to uninstall, like all the little things, that we forget to remove. But, it’s still here. I don’t understand. I will call Mackeeper and consult with them, but if anyone has any ideas please, I would be so very grateful. YOSEMITE IS HORRIBLE. It slows everything down. Apps don’t run correctly anymore. The screen goes black. I could go on and on. But, I have said enough, and don’t want to bore you any longer. 🙂

My best to all and many thanks.

HAPP SPRING…

ANEWDAYBEGINS… 🙂

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8), Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,5 Processor Name: Inte

Posted on May 3, 2015 11:00 AM

11 replies

May 3, 2015 12:01 PM in response to ANewDayBegins

ANewDayBegins wrote:

I will call Mackeeper and consult with them,

I strongly suggest you do not. Anecdotal reports on this site suggest that their "technical support" will request remote access to your Mac which is a horrible idea. For that matter, so is following any advice from Best Buy, but that's another story altogether.

The symptoms you describe are consistent with MacKeeper's effects. Uninstall MacKeeper according to its instructions, excerpted below. Beware that the damage it is capable of inflicting may require that you completely erase your Mac and reconfigure it from the ground up. I strongly suggest you do that. If you would like instructions please ask.

Follow these instructions to uninstall MacKeeper. They have been tested with the most recent version of MacKeeper. Earlier versions than the one released in 2012 required more extensive work to uninstall all its components.

If you actually used MacKeeper to alter your system, e.g. "remove excess binaries" or such, you will need to reinstall OS X as well as all your additional software. Uninstalling MacKeeper is insufficient to reverse the corruption it is capable of - once again, that is if you used it.

If you merely installed MacKeeper but did not use it to perform any particular action, the following instructions will suffice.

• If you used MacKeeper to encrypt any files or folders, use MacKeeper to un-encrypt them first.
  • Quit the MacKeeper app if it is running.
  • Open your Applications folder: Using the Finder's Go menu, select Applications.
  • Drag the MacKeeper icon from your Applications folder (not the Dock) to the Trash.

You will be asked to authenticate (twice):

User uploaded file

You do not need to provide a reason for uninstalling it:

User uploaded file

Just click the Uninstall MacKeeper button. You will be asked to authenticate again.

After it uninstalls you may empty the Trash and restart your Mac. All that will remain is an inert log file that does nothing but occupy space on your hard disk.

May 4, 2015 5:05 AM in response to ANewDayBegins

ANewDayBegins wrote:

fjwhiston,,Thanks for your kind reply. I’ll double check into Mackepper. Best Buy even recommends it.

Ignore anything that Best Buy tech has told you about maintaining a Mac, or may tell you in the future. He/she is clueless.

MacKeeper is a scam, made by a thoroughly unethical company. See:

Ongoing MacKeeper fraud

(Fair disclosure: I may receive compensation from links to my sites, TheSafeMac.com and AdwareMedic.com.)

May 4, 2015 5:27 AM in response to ANewDayBegins

ANewDayBegins wrote:

fjwhiston,

Hello, Why, please…I have had no problems with Mackepper.

Yosemite upgrade may be no longer compatible with MacKeeper. Before doing any OS upgrade - it is very important to check and see if the software you have will run with that OS - including printer and scanner drivers. Its a hidden cost of a free upgrade.

Yosemite changes the way RAM is used vs Virtual memory - and the Kill an app that has not been used in a certain amount of time to make room in RAM may be causing some of your problems.

Please help with this ridiculous Yosemite OS X.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.