Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photo's

To you all,

maybe I overlook something, but... I make a lot of photo books. I really like Apple's Photo books and the way I could organize it in iPhoto. To get the feel of turning the pages I only had to go to 'present as a slidesohw' and there it was, the book, even with music of my liking as a background. Now it seems thius is not possible anymore and I will have to maken a pdf everytime I want to see the book. But making a good photobook means that you have to change pages once in a while and to really get 'into' this book. Now it's just dumb and stupid. I don't understand why this has been removed. Please bring this possibilit back again as soon as possible!

And I agree with other people who say this is not a very good update - but maybe I will have to get used to it...

Hope I'm wrong,

Jiriz

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 3, 2015 2:30 PM

4 replies

May 3, 2015 2:52 PM in response to Jirzi Hajek

If you enter full screen you can scroll thru the pages, 2 at a time, by using the forware and back arrow keys on the keyboard. That's the best you can do to simulate what could be done in iPhoto.

You can still use iPhoto with 10.10.3. You will need iPhoto 9.6.1 and if you don't have it follow the instructions posted by Terence Devlin in this post:

Terence Devlin

Apr 14, 2015 11:21 AM

Re: Is Iphoto gone ? i want it back!

in response to Johannes666

Recommended

Go to the App Store and check out the Purchases List. If iPhoto is there then it will be v9.6.1

If it is there, then drag your existing iPhoto app (not the library, just the app) to the trash

Install the App from the App Store.

Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

User uploaded file

May 4, 2015 1:19 AM in response to Old Toad

Thanks for your answer, Old Toad, but I had already seen that possibility. It's just that this doesn't work so nicely as it did. Changes are OK, but why change things for the worse?

There's more: in the old photo book maker you could see which photo's you placed on what page, now I can't find that anymore. That was very handy, especially when there are a lot of photos in a project. You could easilt spot double entries, now it's impossible to see that. Again a big WHY?

I guess I will have to look for another solution and forget about making books in iPhoto/Photos.

Jirzi

photo's

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.