Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't get rid of 'other data'

I have a 4th generation iPod Touch with iOS 6. I have been battling 'other data' problems for the better part of a year, and I am fed up. My iPod only holds up to 13gb of data, and 10gb are occupied by 'other data'. I have tried literally everything to get rid of it, or at least knock it down to a reasonable amount. I have no apps, no photos, and about 800 songs. The music only takes up 3.4gb of my data. I have browsed countless sites telling me how to get rid of this data, even this site, but nothing as ever worked. I cannot sync my iPod to iTunes because it says it is over capacity. I also cannot back-up my iPod do to the same reason. Is there any way to fix this problem?

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on May 4, 2015 8:14 AM

2 replies

May 4, 2015 8:19 AM in response to oneder.

An "other" larger than about 1 1/2 GB indicates corrupted files.

What is the Other on my iPhone and How to Remove It

What is "Other" and What Can I Do About It?

Next, usually restoring from backup eliminated the corrupted files. However, sometimes restoring to factory settings/new iPod is required.

To restore from backup see:

iOS: How to back up

To restore to factory settings/new iPod see:

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

Jun 30, 2015 5:40 PM in response to lllaass

I have 50gb of "Other" on my 128gb iPhone. Even a factory reset and restore did not change that.

The iPhoneClean app that is often mentioned broke with iOS 8.3 so that's a no-go either.

It seems I'm stuck with this unless I start as a new phone and lose a lot of app data.

Not good at all Apple!.... We need a fix for this next release.

Can't get rid of 'other data'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.