Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can the new version of iPhoto edit in photoshop?

how do I edit in photoshop in the new photo program. I do not like this update at all. Can not get the old on back now . Can not find how to use photoshop right from the program. I had to copy the image to the desktop and than put it in photoshop. Can anyone help. It is not in the 'help' menu.

iPad, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on May 4, 2015 11:07 AM

7 replies

May 4, 2015 12:26 PM in response to ruthfrommurphy

iPhoto is still in the Applications folder. It was just replaced in the Dock by Photos. If you were using iPhoto 9.6.1 it will still run under 10.10.3. If it was an earlier version you can obtain it from the App Store by following the instructions in this post by Terence Devlin:

Terence Devlin

Apr 14, 2015 11:21 AM

Re: Is Iphoto gone ? i want it back!

in response to Johannes666

Recommended

Go to the App Store and check out the Purchases List. If iPhoto is there then it will be v9.6.1

If it is there, then drag your existing iPhoto app (not the library, just the app) to the trash

Install the App from the App Store.

Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

To answer you question about Photoshop, no, PS can't be used from within Photos to edit. Photos requires plugins from the 3rd party editor developers for that to happen. So it's up to Adobe to provide the plugins for Photoshop and Photoshop Elements for Mac before we'll be able to do what we did with iPhoto.

User uploaded file

May 5, 2015 1:29 AM in response to ruthfrommurphy

Hi Ruth from Murphy,

I understand were you are coming from and advice to ignore people who make out to know everything and are arrogant in their reply.

Follow the advise of old foxes whose aim it is to help Forum members rather than putting them down. Terence Devlin seems to have the right approach.

Unfortunately you might be right after all that it is not possible to get iPhoto back - I am in the same boat.

Sigi

can the new version of iPhoto edit in photoshop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.