Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you filter content by groups?

I used to spent a great deal of time on Apple Discussions, but having been away for a couple of years I see there have been major changes. As a result, I'm finding it hard to manage tasks that used to be easy, & I would appreciate some help with these questions so that I can go back to helping others…

1) How do you filter "Content" by groups? I used to be able to select the group I was particularly interested in (usually Logic Pro). I see that if a recent question has been asked in a group, I can click on the name of that group — but if no questions have been asked in the last few hours, this would mean page after page of scrolling…

2) Someone answered another question I asked yesterday. I wanted to thank them & to mark the question as answered. But all I could see was the "Helpful" link (which unfortunately I clicked on before I realised it wasn't the same as the old "Answered" link). I can't see how to mark the reply as THE ANSWER, I can't see how to mark the question as answered, & I can't see any way of replying to the answer. The only text field available is to reply to myself, which seems daft — & yes, I AM logged in.

(I can't quite believe how hard it is to find out this stuff. I recall a certain meeting where the object of the exercise was to make the interface more accessible, not more opaque…)

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), Logic Pro X 10.1.1, Occam's Razor

Posted on May 4, 2015 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2015 2:22 PM

A lot of the collective consciousness:

How to improve your experience with Apple Support Communities ( ASC )

Easiest way to all User Tips on Using ASC may be to add " /content " to the URL then click the User Tips Category TAB

User uploaded file

*some User Tips have some of the same stuff but also some unique

SITEMAP | Apple Support Communities has some gems as well

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2015 2:22 PM in response to Caramby

A lot of the collective consciousness:

How to improve your experience with Apple Support Communities ( ASC )

Easiest way to all User Tips on Using ASC may be to add " /content " to the URL then click the User Tips Category TAB

User uploaded file

*some User Tips have some of the same stuff but also some unique

SITEMAP | Apple Support Communities has some gems as well

May 6, 2015 8:30 AM in response to Yellowbox

I can see there's a lot to get used to. Even though my Safari (et al) is up-todate, still I have to refresh the page or even log out & in again to get changes to display. Clickable scripts appear to work only in the background, & not always even then…

And navigation now requires familiarity & workarounds. I'm not sure I'm overjoyed about that.

May 6, 2015 11:21 AM in response to Caramby

Howdy Caramby

Regarding your two last points, a bit more detail of your issue and action flow might help us get to the bottom of them. Specific examples, please. Also, there are a number of 'intermittent' glitches that still persist - problem being their not being able to reproduce on demand - but some have workarounds.

Ian's UserTip is the first attempt at coping with what I called the Big Switch. It is included in the aforementioned Using ASC [User Tips] TAB list - most are post BigSwitch

Using Apple Support Communities - User Tips

My top three:

1. Browser Bookmarks (NOT forum Bookmarks)
  2. Google Site Search = there are several relevant subdomains that yield different kinds of results (change the search terms and subdomain when at Google)
    * I also have bookmarks for these for ease of use (less keystrokes & mistakes)
    1. these Discussions = search terms site:discussions.apple.com
    2. Support docs = search terms site:support.apple.com
    3. Widen search if no joy = NO subdomain = search terms site:apple.com
      (this also lets you search the Stores)
  3. Browser TAB ReLoader - create a Home Base of Operations TAB (personal preference of what page) - reload every 20 minutes to defeat the 30 minute login timeout
    1. SafariTabReloader
    2. ReloadEvery: "Reload web pages automatically" = Firefox
    3. Reloaders | Cerberus - Support Center = other browsers also

regarding the "joy" factor, you do, finally, get used to it 👿

ÇÇÇ

How do you filter content by groups?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.