Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6 plus screen cracked without me dropping it.

I have had my iPhone 6 plus for about 6 months and a couple of days ago I noticed that there is a diagonal crack. I did not drop or hit the phone. I totally have no clue of how or why it happened. I took it to the apple store and they want me to pay for fixing it. They said that there is no way for them to know whether I did or did not drop it and hence they assume the worst case scenario and the only way is to pay for fixing it. I'm really upset as I just feel that it is utterly unfair to pay for something that you did not do. Has anybody had a similar issue?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 4, 2015 6:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2015 4:31 AM

Exactly the same thing has happened to me. The crack goes from the left corner to right hand side. I have in no way dropped my phone. I had it on vibrate in my handbag and when I took it out yesterday the crack was there. Were you also using the vibrate setting when your phone cracked? There is not another mark on my phone! So frustrating.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2015 4:31 AM in response to eslastnaya

Exactly the same thing has happened to me. The crack goes from the left corner to right hand side. I have in no way dropped my phone. I had it on vibrate in my handbag and when I took it out yesterday the crack was there. Were you also using the vibrate setting when your phone cracked? There is not another mark on my phone! So frustrating.

May 22, 2015 2:44 PM in response to Clabak

This is exactly same case with me. I did some research on the Internet and some say that the hairline crack on the iPhone might be covered under 1 year iPhone warranty. However, this depends on the Apple Store and the person helping you. I think I might take another shot at going to the Apple Store to see if they can fix it. Otherwise, it is really frustrating, especially knowing that I did not drop that phone.

Oct 15, 2015 6:30 AM in response to eslastnaya

Same, have had my phone for 3 weeks, its in mint condition as I've not dropped it or dropped anything on it for that matter. Put it down last night before bed, no cracks, woke up this morning and the bottom of the screen around the home button was shattered and since then the cracks have spread all across the bottom of the phone's screen. To add insult to injury I have a Panzer Glass Screen Protector (£20) which I bought with the phone. I went to O2 store where I bought it and they recommend going back to Apple store but I can see it being just a costly waste of time.

Really disappointed as I think the quality is poor and the stresses on the glass are perhaps too much. Nothing else explains how a screen can just shatter while I sleep.

Dec 4, 2015 11:12 AM in response to Sideshow Nik

iPhone 6s Plus 64 GB touch screen cracked without dropping

I just got my brandnew iPhone last Thursday. But 4 days later, when I was trying to turn off morning phone alarm, suddenly I found the touch screen where around the home bottom had cracked by itself. I put it on sofa, no any dropping, and l'm very sure it was looked all great as usual earlier before the alarm started. User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Dec 8, 2015 7:17 PM in response to eslastnaya

My wife also got an IPhone 6 like 4 months ago, and she has an OTTER Case on it. At night it was fine, when she woke up there was a crack (looks like a BB gun shot it) on the left side middle. IT wasn't dropped or hit by anything!!! OUCH..I took it to Verizon, they say to take it to APPLE. Going there in 2 days--any suggestions? Has this been happening to a few people? It's rather odd that it would crack itself..

My iPhone 6 plus screen cracked without me dropping it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.