Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have two iPods ... I would like to copy the playlist from one of the iPods into my iTunes library so that I can sync it to the other iPod Change topic

Is there a way to copy a playlist from one iPod and put it in iTunes for it to be used on other iPods? if so, how do I do that? Thanks!

iPod nano, Windows 8

Posted on May 5, 2015 11:08 AM

5 replies

May 7, 2015 7:17 AM in response to QuickPost

"I'm afraid you won't be able to transfer a playlist from your iPod to a computer since you lost your iTunes library."

Not possible within iTunes itself, but see turingtest2's user tip on Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device for details of multiple methods and tools that can be used to retrieve content from an iPod. As previously referenced, this threadincludes a description of a reliable "emergency procedure" that will recover all media (but not details of playlists, ratings, etc. and may omit some artwork).

I have two iPods ... I would like to copy the playlist from one of the iPods into my iTunes library so that I can sync it to the other iPod Change topic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.