Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I go back to the previous iPhoto version ?

I find the Yosemite upgrade REALLY difficult to navigate and would like the previous one back. Possible?

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), iOS 8.3

Posted on May 5, 2015 7:03 PM

4 replies

May 5, 2015 8:48 PM in response to jencam12

Apple doesn't support iPhoto anymore, that’s why it’s grayed out.

You can still open up iPhoto - warning: any changes you make in iPhoto, will not transfer over to the new Photos app.

To open iPhoto:

Right click on the greyed out iPhoto icon - Show Package - Contents folder - Mac OS folder — click on black iPhoto Terminal icon.

Terminal opens up with multiple windows and then iPhoto will open up.

Apple wants you to use the new Photos app, that’s why it’s in your doc.

If you want to use iPhoto on a regular basis make an alias of the iPhoto Terminal icon and drag it to the desktop.

May 5, 2015 9:07 PM in response to woodie

woodie wrote:

You can still open up iPhoto - warning: any changes you make in iPhoto, will not transfer over to the new Photos app.

To open iPhoto:

Right click on the greyed out iPhoto icon - Show Package - Contents folder - Mac OS folder — click on black iPhoto Terminal icon.

If you want to use iPhoto on a regular basis make an alias of the iPhoto Terminal icon and drag it to the desktop.

Delusional paranoia

Apple does not care i you use iPhoto but to use it under OS X 10.10.3 yo need version 9.6.1 - what version do you have? See this post for help on upgrading if you need to - Why won't my iPhotos open?

LN

May 6, 2015 5:45 AM in response to woodie

woodie wrote:

To open iPhoto:

What rubbish is this?

The icon is grey because it is an old version, not because of your conspiracy theory.

Can I go back to the previous iPhoto version ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.