Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

To get itunes for Windows XP service pack 2

I want to get software of itunes for Windows XP service pack 2

Posted on May 6, 2015 3:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2017 12:48 PM

The site you found appears to be hosting genuine links into Apple's servers, but the last iTunes 11 build listed in my user tip might be better, assuming it doesn't require SP3. There are links buried to some other older builds in earlier versions of the tip, some of which I unearthed in this thread: Re: How do I get iTunes 11.2? I can dig out more if anyone really has a use for them. 😕

tt2

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2017 12:48 PM in response to BDAqua

The site you found appears to be hosting genuine links into Apple's servers, but the last iTunes 11 build listed in my user tip might be better, assuming it doesn't require SP3. There are links buried to some other older builds in earlier versions of the tip, some of which I unearthed in this thread: Re: How do I get iTunes 11.2? I can dig out more if anyone really has a use for them. 😕

tt2

Jul 28, 2017 4:12 AM in response to DonShroyer

See Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates for tips on tearing down iTunes and rebuilding it. Temporarily disabling anti-virus and running the installer as administrator may allow it to fully install and register all .dll files. You also have four builds to choose from, not just one. One of them should be able to install successfully.

A quick hunt suggests DEP errors are associated with iTunes 11.2 and later builds, up to and including 12.1.3.6 which is the last one that runs on Vista. See Windows Vista problem reports after latest Itunes 11.2 update.

tt2

Jan 13, 2017 5:42 PM in response to Masoud3161

iTunes 11.1.5.5 32-bitwas the last version to support XP SP2. The good news: turingtest2 already posted a direct link. There is a slight typo in tt2's version number (11.1.1.5) but the link leads to the correct version.

The bad news: That old version would not be able to support Apple mobile devices running anything newer than iOS 7. You really need Windows 7 or higher for that purpose now, because Apple no longer supports Windows XP. However you should certainly be able to use iTunes 11 as playback software for music.

Jul 28, 2017 12:11 AM in response to Sumit Nayar

Just to check, I DLd the link file you show for v.11.1.1.5 and had WinHEX do a comparison with the file I got from oldapps.com. No differences found. Therefore, I have no expectation that attempting to install it will not produce the same error re a "missing" gnsdk_sdkmanager.dll that is clearly there, and attempting to register that file will not produce the same error re no valid entry point.

I wonder at this point, does anyone know of an older/any iTunes version for Vista SP2 that will properly install and run without that Data Execution Prevention error when closing?

To get itunes for Windows XP service pack 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.