Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail.app after codesign don't have access to accounts

Hello,

My steps was following:

1. Mail.app was working perfectly and only account there was with iCloud

2. I wanted to run mail.app that will be not displayed in Dock or Alt+Tab menu.

3. inside Mail.app/Contens/info.plist file I added special key

<key>LSUIElement</key>
<true/>

4. Mail.app was crashing on start so I read it needs to be codesigned after that change.

5. I ran: sudo codesign -f -s - Mail.app

6. Mail.app is starting on the start it asked me to access to "Contacts". But it can't connect to imap server, further more I can't make any changes or remove icloud account in accounts tab in settings.

How do I fix this?

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on May 10, 2015 10:57 AM

3 replies

May 11, 2015 10:22 AM in response to penkinv

Do a backup.

Quit Mail.

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Go to Library/Containers/com.apple.mail. Move the folder com.apple.mail to your desktop. You must move the entire folder, not just the contents.

Restart, re-launch Mail and test. If the problem is solved, recreate any required Mail settings and import any emails you want to save from the folder on the desktop. You can then put the folder in the Trash. If the problem remains, return the folder to where you got it replacing the one that is there.

Information learned from Linc Davis. Thanks to leonie for some information contained in this.

Crashes/quits unexpectedly

May 12, 2015 2:20 AM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric,

I tried your approach, but it didn't worked. After I moved Library/Containers/com.apple.mail, I saw that there is no changes in Accounts tab in Mail. I learned that settings now stored at ~/Library/Mail. I moved that too, ran mail and it showed me that there are no acounts, I tried to setup one but it failed to connect to server.

I believe the problem is here: http://take.ms/7M0VL

I tried to remove SSL flag, that didn't help

Mail.app after codesign don't have access to accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.