Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos and videos not loading on iPhone

Most of the picture and videos on my iphone 6 aren't loading when I click on them. The videos will not play and the pictures are blurry and have a small circle in the bottom left hand corner.

[Re-Titled by Host]

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 14, 2015 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2017 8:46 PM

i need help my videos arent working and yes they have that circle on the pictures to , and also it says i got not that much storage so what do u do ?????

25 replies

Feb 28, 2017 12:57 PM in response to léonie

Is there a way to turn this setting off just for a few photos instead of the entire library? As you state, it is a good solution when the library is small enough, but I think mine is too large so unable to change this setting back to full resolution. Or maybe a way to have just favorites save in full resolution and the rest of the library at optimize? Any additional ideas are much appreciated!

Feb 26, 2016 11:04 AM in response to léonie

yes - that is what fixed my problem also.

Here is what fix my videos from not playing or they play but after the buffering circle delays them.

Change your Photos & Camera settings from Optimize iPhone Storage to Download and Keep Originals.

Then call up your video and edit them ... this then restores them fully from the iCloud to full resolution.

My problem was solved as there were videos and pictures stored at a lower resolution and the buffer circle would restore the Photos but not the videos until they were edited.

Feb 1, 2018 8:29 PM in response to stafree

Here’s what worked for me to get my phone to load the pictures. I just simply played a video saved in my camera roll that was also in my I cloud. After the video loaded and started playing, i checked all my other pictures that previously wouldn’t load and I was able to load every picture in my camera roll with ease! I hope this works for you as well, good luck!

Feb 1, 2018 8:32 PM in response to tiana marie

Here’s what worked for me to get my phone to load the pictures. I just simply played a video saved in my camera roll that was also in my I cloud. After the video loaded and started playing, i checked all my other pictures that previously wouldn’t load and I was able to load every picture in my camera roll with ease! I hope this works for you as well, good luck!

Apr 3, 2018 8:37 AM in response to Shah129

If your iPhone does not have enough storage to download the photos and videos from iCloud to the iPhone, you have to save then from iCloud to a computer and save them there. Then delete as many photos and videos from the iPhone as possible and keep only your favorites, so you can disable the optimize storage and download the items from iCloud in full resolution, that you want to keep.

Jun 29, 2015 2:25 AM in response to stafree

I had the same problem and went searching. Can't remember exactly where I found the information that I did, but it's actually a storage optimizing setting which requires WiFi or cellular data to load full resolution photos and videos. You can change this setting by entering Settings > Photos and Camera and choose 'Download and Keep Originals' rather than 'Optimize iPhone Storage'.

Photos and videos not loading on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.