Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Request that Apple Support Communities email notifications include the message content again

For the last couple of days, the emailed notifications about replies to messages I'm following here don't contain the text of the replies. E.g.

[Using Apple Support Communities] - Email notification without content [2vypdi-3pzwx-gtgdz]

deggie has posted in the Using Apple Support Communities community.

Login to the Apple Support Communities to view the discussion.

I'm led to understand (see Email notification without content) that this is because a recent change to the format of the emails has confused my mail server, which is removing the text. And it's been suggested that I request here that changes be made to let me see the message content again.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 14, 2015 7:16 PM

23 replies

May 14, 2015 7:27 PM in response to Skydiver119

He isn't attempting to flag Apple per se but the hosts of the ASC so I would say this is the right place to post this request. There is no area under Feedback to submit feedback regarding ASC and Jive. Supposedly the moderators do monitor this particular forum as they have advised it isn't necessary to report threads about other topics that are misplaced here and need to be moved.

May 14, 2015 7:32 PM in response to Skydiver119

Skydiver119 wrote:

It's a glitch, for lack of a better word. Apparently how messages are sent out/formatted changed. And not all mail providers work with the new format. If you access your mail via an iOS mail app it displays fine, other mail providers, not so much.

I wish I hadn't started this second(?) thread now. According to etresoft in the other thread I linked to, the new format may not be passing through some mail servers properly. I.e. for some people, even iOS Mail isn't displaying the full message.

May 14, 2015 7:38 PM in response to pshute

It isn't passing through properly due to changes that were made with the Jive software. The moderators here need to pass it on to the engineers to fix or "update" this. You didn't need to start a new thread but you did need to make the request that it be repaired.

It is working on my computer, iPad and iPhone. It no longer contains the text of the post on my Apple Watch. It used to do this.

May 14, 2015 8:08 PM in response to babowa

My understanding that email was in case there is a problem with a particular account, not with a Jive "feature". Since the whole purpose of this particular community (there used to be an entire explanatory paragraph at the top of this one in a prior incarnation) is to discuss the operation of the ASC itself. I would think reporting a problem or asking for an "upgrade" to return an old function would be the right place. But it couldn't hurt to also use that email address.

Request that Apple Support Communities email notifications include the message content again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.