Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 5g Ipod touch will not turn on?

My 5 generation 32gb Ipod touch IOS 8.3 will not turn on. I believe I have had this problem in the past however I went on to Apple Support Communities and successfully turned on my Ipod using the strategy of holding the home button and the turn off button for 10 seconds to turn it on. However, a few weeks ago my home button failed to respond so I inserted the assertive touch. I am very frustrated because I take extremely good care of my Ipod touch as it is in excellent shape. I do not have my warranty anymore since it is expired and the Apple support is two hours away. I do have numerous other stores that may be able to fix the issue. I believe since my home button is unresponsive is the main reason why it won't turn on. I have seen people replace the home button but fixing it myself would be impossible. Also I have seen and used many of the methods of fixing the home button but I have become unsuccessful. Any thoughts and or ideas would be extremely appreciated!

iPod touch, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 16, 2015 5:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2015 1:46 AM

Try:

Turn on without Home/Power Button

3 replies

My 5g Ipod touch will not turn on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.