Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Both ipod touch 4th gen and new iphone 6 will not sync with itunes.

Hello apple friends! I am new to the community, not new to apple products. Bought my ipod touch 4th gen about 4 years ago (spring 2011) and on my 2nd iphone.

Unfortunately, neither syncs with my itunes anymore and I am completely at a loss. I have literally done *everything* possible on support pages that I have googled over the last 2-3 weeks desperately trying to get this resolved. I have done the following:

Attempted to re-start apple mobile service device multiple times (to which it said it could NOT re-start and gave me an error 1053)

Made sure my laptop was updated (I have windows 8)

Made sure my itunes was updated

Uninstalled and re-installed itunes & the other programs that came with it

Made sure it was not my USB cords by plugging both ipod and iphone into my mom's computer, and they both popped up on itunes no problem on her computer

Turned ipod off and back on multiple times

I really am quite baffled. I think the first week of April is the last time I was able to sync music to my ipod, no problem, it even synced with my house wi-fi. Then a few days later ... plugged it in and *nothing*. It's making me quite sad that I can't add more music to my ipod ! Please help !!! Thanks a bunch.

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.6

Posted on May 17, 2015 8:25 AM

1 reply

Both ipod touch 4th gen and new iphone 6 will not sync with itunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.