Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacKeeper.pkg

While I was in Safari surfing the internet, a window popped up forcing me to down load MacKeeper.pkg. Is this a legitimate pkg from Apple? I am using a MacBook Pro

Posted on May 23, 2015 4:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2015 4:25 AM

No, it is definitely NOT from Apple. It is a scam to trick you into installing unneeded and possibly dangerous software. If you haven't installed the PKG file (which may or may not be MacKeeper), delete it now.

For future reference when this happens, simply quit or force quit Safari, then restart Safari while holding the shift key.

Do not install MacKeeper

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2015 4:25 AM in response to larryfromwappingersfalls

No, it is definitely NOT from Apple. It is a scam to trick you into installing unneeded and possibly dangerous software. If you haven't installed the PKG file (which may or may not be MacKeeper), delete it now.

For future reference when this happens, simply quit or force quit Safari, then restart Safari while holding the shift key.

Do not install MacKeeper

MacKeeper.pkg

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.