Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipod touch 5 does not properly connect to my laptop

My ipod touch 5 gen does this weird thing when I plug it into my laptop. The charging symbol on my ipod will flash on and off and my laptop does the same thing as well. It won't sync and it won't charge. My laptop is less then a year old and I'm using an apple brand cord to plug into it. I have to mess with the cord by pulling it out and putting it back in a few hundred times just to try and sync my ipod, but that isn't working either. Help please?

iPod touch, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 24, 2015 12:37 AM

1 reply

May 24, 2015 2:08 AM in response to Maksm

- See:

iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting

iPhone and iPod touch: Charging the battery

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

- Try another cable. The cable for 5G iPod (lightning connector) seems to be more prone to failure than the older cable.

- If a 5G iPod

Iphone 5 lightning port charging problem - SOLUTION!

- Try another charging source

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

Also see

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Mac OS X

Or

See

iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows

- I would start with

Removing and Reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows XP

or

Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

However, after your remove the Apple software components also remove the iCloud Control Panel via Windows Programs and Features app in the Window Control Panel. Then reinstall all the Apple software components

- Then do the other actions of:

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows

paying special attention to item #5

- different USB port

- Run this and see if the results help with determine the cause

iTunes for Windows: Device Sync Tests

Also see:

iPod not recognised by windows iTunes

Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates

- Try on another computer to help determine if computer or iPod problem

My ipod touch 5 does not properly connect to my laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.