Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just got a Mac running 10.4 tiger, welcome video and credentials repaying. Haven't been able to logo.any ideas on what to do?t

Just got a Mac OS X 10.4.11 tiger,

turned on it on and welcome video comes on then I enter my information

owince I'm done entering the information in, my Mac loads then goes back to the welcome video and

to enter my information again

any one have ideas on how to fix it?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11), null

Posted on May 27, 2015 2:41 AM

5 replies

May 27, 2015 10:16 AM in response to Serenajo120511

Hello,

Could be many things, we should start with this...

"Try Disk Utility

1. Insert the Mac OS X Install disc, then restart the computer while holding the C key.

2. When your computer finishes starting up from the disc, choose Disk Utility from the Installer menu at top of the screen. (In Mac OS X 10.4 or later, you must select your language first.)

*Important: Do not click Continue in the first screen of the Installer. If you do, you must restart from the disc again to access Disk Utility.*

3. Click the First Aid tab.

4. Select your Mac OS X volume.

5. Click Repair Disk, (not Repair Permissions). Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk."

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106214

Then try a Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at bootup), run Disk Utility in Applications>Utilities, then highlight your drive, click on Repair Permissions, reboot when it completes.

(Safe boot may stay on the gray radian for a long time, let it go, it's trying to repair the Hard Drive & clear caches.)

May 28, 2015 9:53 AM in response to Serenajo120511

1) Get the dvd.

Restore Tiger 10.4 & Leopard 10.5 DVDs may be available from Apple by calling 1(800) 275-2273. Have your serial number ready. Have your credit card ready too. There may be a small fee.

Another number to try is 800-767-2775.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4720126?tstart=0 -- January 20,2013

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5772721?answerId=24588313022#24588313022 -- January 22,2014

2) You could try creating the initial file that says whether or not to do the initial setup.

see my post about the file content:

Re: After i register my imac it just goes back to the very beginning of the registration process

Here is how to delete the file. You should change to creating the file.

Start with your computer power off. Hold down command-s. Power on your computer.

Type in the following:

The first two commands will depend on your release of Mac OS X. Look at what is typed out in the console to determine the exact format.

# Type the follow two instructions to access the startup disk in read/write. Press return after each command.

# in case of partial success repeat this command until errors go away.

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

cd /var/db

pwd

#List all files. The l is a lower case L.

ls -a

#The move command acts as a rename command in this format. This is the delete step.

mv -i .applesetupdone .applesetupdone.old

# reboot your mac

shutdown -r now

Just got a Mac running 10.4 tiger, welcome video and credentials repaying. Haven't been able to logo.any ideas on what to do?t

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.