Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone photos not showing on PC

When transferring photos from my iPhone 6 Plus (using iOS 8.3) to my PC, only some of the photos are showing up in the DCIM folder. The rest of the photos are missing. For example, I have 540 photos on my phone that I wanted to copy over. Only ~140 of them show up in Windows Explorer to be transferred. Where are the rest of the files and how can I make sure I'm not missing any?

[Re-Titled by Host]

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 27, 2015 12:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2017 9:01 PM

Hi henrymonster,

Welcome to the Support Communities! The first thing we need to figure out is why the PC is not recognizing your iPhone 6 Plus. This article provides some possible solutions:

iOS: Unable to import photos to computer - Apple Support

Once that issue is resolved, here are the steps for importing your images:

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

<Link Edited by Host>

37 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2017 9:01 PM in response to henrymonster

Hi henrymonster,

Welcome to the Support Communities! The first thing we need to figure out is why the PC is not recognizing your iPhone 6 Plus. This article provides some possible solutions:

- Judy

<Link Edited by Host>

May 27, 2015 12:30 PM in response to henrymonster

I'm aware that using iCloud Drive or iCloud photos will make a difference in being able to import photos, but just a standard iCloud backup should not affect that. I've read of a couple of others mentioning import issues with photos in the Camera Roll in Windows. What other troubleshooting have you tried? I would remove the device from the computer and power it down. I would close iTunes and restart the computer. Power the iPhone back on again. After the computer restarts, connect the iPhone to the computer and try the import utility and check what it says.

Jun 2, 2015 4:01 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I am having the same issue. Tried restarting phone and PC but it did not resolve the issue. Only 200 of the 800 images on my camera roll "all photos" folder show up. This is a new problem that never happened before this week. That is to say, last week when I went to transfer pictures, the number of pics in my "all photos" folder on my phone and the number of pics visible in my "My Computer" view of my iPhone DCIM folder were the same. Any other ideas of how to get to the other pics?

Apr 23, 2017 9:20 PM in response to crenshaws5

That is how Windows works. If you wish to select more photos in the manner of using Explorer, then click on the first one, then hold down the shift key and click on the last one. That will select everything between the first and last. The Control key is meant to select one at a time.

However, if you are unfamiliar with how Windows Explorer works, you are better off importing photos using the Windows Import utility. That will import all photos that have not already been imported from the device.

Aug 10, 2017 12:07 AM in response to Monstereny

Monstereny wrote:

Hi henrymonster,

- Judy

<Link Edited by Host>

The instructions at Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or Windows PC - Apple Support are current (last updated Aug 07, 2017 -- 3 days ago).

Not sure why you listed the version of iTunes in your post as iTunes is not used and is not mentioned in the instructions (except in the context of syncing them back the other direction -- from the computer to the phone).

Another method to transfer from the phone to the computer is via a 3rd party app such as http://www.photosync-app.com

Jun 19, 2017 11:24 PM in response to henrymonster

Thank you so very much! This truly helped me!

I do have another obstacle: I can't find a way to download appx 500 photos from Icloud to my laptop. It doesn't allow me to select all of them, but seemingly only one at a time. (I'm using Google Chrome on a Dell laptop; I have Windows 7 which was reinstalled after my Windows 10 crashed.) I may be missing something obvious - this is not my area of expertise...

Many thanks if you have any knowledge or suggestions about this.

Doug

May 27, 2015 12:18 PM in response to henrymonster

henrymonster wrote:

When transferring photos from my iPhone 6 Plus (using iOS 8.3) to my PC, only some of the photos are showing up in the DCIM folder. The rest of the photos are missing. For example, I have 540 photos on my phone that I wanted to copy over. Only ~140 of them show up in Windows Explorer to be transferred. Where are the rest of the files and how can I make sure I'm not missing any?

With iOS 8 there are now multiple DCIM folders. It's best to use the Camera and Scanner Wizard, or a photo management app. These will all understand the more complex folder structure in the iPhone camera roll. They will also understand the "sidecar" edit files that supplement the image and contain any edits made to the image on the phone. If you just copy the images using Windows Explorer you will lose the edits.

iPhone photos not showing on PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.