Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer photos from iPad to PC (Windows 7)

I cannot find any way to transfer my photos from iPad to pc! I tried iTunes / iCloud : No success

Also when I connect it to PC , iTunes starts and I can transfer from pc to ipad but not the other way round! And when connected does not show in My Computer as a removable disk!

Please help!

iPad, iOS 8.2

Posted on May 27, 2015 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2015 11:24 AM

If these photos were taken by the iPad, the iPad should appear as a camera in Windows Explorer or the Devices and Printers section of control Panel.

Itunes is not involved then.

Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or Windows PC - Apple Support

If these photos where synced from a computer to the iPad they cannot be directly extracted.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2015 11:24 AM in response to mecci22

If these photos were taken by the iPad, the iPad should appear as a camera in Windows Explorer or the Devices and Printers section of control Panel.

Itunes is not involved then.

Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or Windows PC - Apple Support

If these photos where synced from a computer to the iPad they cannot be directly extracted.

May 29, 2015 11:04 AM in response to mecci22

Did you read the link I posted? Namely this section:

Import media to a Windows PC

Before importing your media:

Windows 8: Learn how to import photos and videos from a camera, phone, or DVD (Windows Help)
Windows 7 and Windows Vista: Learn how to get pictures from your camera to your computer (Windows Help)

If your computer doesn't recognize an attached iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch as a camera, and prevents you from importing photos to your computer, learn how to resolve the issue.

Jul 6, 2015 8:19 PM in response to mecci22

Maybe you can transfer photos from iPad to PC with email. Find your Photos icon. When you open Photos, you'll see your pictures arranged in albums. Select the picture you're going to send. After you select your images, tap the blue box with an arrow in the top left-hand side corner of the page.All you have to do now is type in the recipient's email address, bring your finger down on the send button and picture (or pictures) are sent!

Aug 4, 2015 1:31 PM in response to mecci22

I would suggest connecting your iPad to a different computer where the iPad will prompt you whether to "Trust or not trust" the computer, I had this problem but it was solved when I changed to a different computer (Booting from a different OS counts as connecting your iPad to a different computer, I still have the problem on my Windows partition though).

Aug 7, 2015 9:54 AM in response to mecci22

mecci22, I suggested the following to another user and it worked for him. Perhaps it will work for you as well:

This is a long shot but worth trying perhaps. If everything else appears ok with your iPad, take a couple of new pictures with it. Then connect it back in to your PC and wait a bit (sometimes I have to wait a minute or more). Can you now see it in the Windows File Manager?

See iPhone 4 Windows 8.1 Not Recognized

Aug 23, 2015 2:05 AM in response to BowieKinsey

BowieKinsey wrote:

Maybe you can transfer photos from iPad to PC with email. Find your Photos icon. When you open Photos, you'll see your pictures arranged in albums. Select the picture you're going to send. After you select your images, tap the blue box with an arrow in the top left-hand side corner of the page.All you have to do now is type in the recipient's email address, bring your finger down on the send button and picture (or pictures) are sent!

It's a bit awkward if sending too much at once, since it would be limited by network.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.