Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

calendar is not holding "events" -

Recently my calendar is not holding what I place in "events" - it reverts my words back to "new event" - Whatz up?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on May 29, 2015 11:10 AM

7 replies

Jun 4, 2015 5:47 PM in response to caninemiss

This problem just cropped up for me in the past week or so. It was intermittent at first, but seems to be becoming almost constant.

Sometimes editing the event to put the name back in works, but sometimes it reverts to "New Event" several times.

I wonder if this is some sort of glitch in the iCloud sync function?

Has anybody tried turning off iCloud sync and seeing if it still happens?

Jun 6, 2015 9:23 AM in response to bbbingo1

iCloud issue? I spoke to a support gal the other day , before we got disconnected.... and she said " there is a server issue" - The next gal I spoke to after the disconnect... said she actually had the same problem but had not yet investigated ... Seems I read this has been a known problem since 2013? Anybody know more or has anyone YET FOUND A FIX? Thnx

Nov 17, 2015 4:17 PM in response to caninemiss

Hueyo on another thread has a solution that works for me:

hueyoMay 18, 2015 9:03 PM Re: new entries revert to "new event"
Re: new entries revert to "new event"in response to hueyoHelpful

Hueyo, here. I certainly hope our friends at Apple are hard at work returning this situation to normal. In the meantime, I'd like to report what's working for me.

I do all my Calendar stuff on my MacBook Pro, so I don't know if this applies just as well to iOS devices. But what I've been doing is making a new event as per usual in every way EXCEPT assigning it to a calendar. Then, after closing the editing window, I right-click on the item and assign it to a calendar using the contextual menu. Far as I can tell, that's working just fine, without having to go thru any additional bother.

See, Apple? I'm doing MY part. Now how about you folks doing YOURS?

Nov 17, 2015 4:48 PM in response to chomyn

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

Send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem solved sooner.

Feedback

Or you can use your Apple ID to register with this site and go the Apple BugReporter. Supposedly you will get an answer if you submit feedback.

Feedback via Apple Developer

calendar is not holding "events" -

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.