Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Retina Bootcamp does not detect AMD R9 M370X GPU

Hi, I installed my MacBook Pro 15.4" Retina with Windows 8.1 64bit. But now it doesnt detect my AMD GPU and all games dont really run!

I have the latest Bootcamp drivers. When I want to open my AMD Catalyst panel it says it has nothing to configure in an alert prompt and then closes again.

In my device manager list I only find "Micorsoft Basic Display Adapter" under GPU. In "dxdiag" via Execute I also only see the Iris standard GPU but not my AMD... How can I get it?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), Windows 8, 64bit

Posted on May 30, 2015 2:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2015 2:37 PM

Your BC drivers are not correctly installed. Can you run setup.exe from the Bootcamp folder and Repair? You may also need a reboot.

68 replies

May 30, 2015 3:50 PM in response to Loner T

I did. It still wont detect my AMD GPU. When I do a right click on deskop and click "AMD Catalyst Control Center" a prompt shows up saying: "AMD Catalyst Control Center cannot be started. There are currently no settings that can be configured using AMD Catalyst Control Center."... I rebooted, etc.

Device Manager also doesn't show the AMD GPU.

May 30, 2015 5:24 PM in response to zerophreak

I, too, got an issue when i ran the BCA.exe while when I opened it from the USB. Playing games seems awfully slow, I feel like some drivers werent even install. I did get an error, but i was resolved when there was a prompt to reinstall BCA. Dont know if it went through after. I remember on the previous mac you see intel and Nvidia, but for this one I only see AMD.

May 30, 2015 9:18 PM in response to evry1lovej

On my 13in 2012 MBP, the official BC Drivers are Boot Camp Support Software 5.1.5621 , but I am using the Trackpad driver that came from Boot Camp Support Software 4.0.4255 which allows scrolling both ways, even though there is no option in the Control Panel.

The MBPs do support an external 4K display, but the built-in displays do not yet support 4K (current highest is 2880x1800). It is very hard to predict what Apple will release next. 4K on a 15-in display may also be very hard on the eyes.

MacBook Pro Retina Bootcamp does not detect AMD R9 M370X GPU

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.