Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio cracking/ popping after export!?

My Audio is absolutely fine on the timeline however when i export the video the audio sounds terrible (cracking and popping) please help! I have tried changing the audio sample rate and exporting different ways but nothing has worked!

Final Cut Pro X

Posted on May 30, 2015 10:31 PM

6 replies

May 31, 2015 10:06 PM in response to Alchroma

I have deleted all camera recording sounds and am using final cut sound effects (which i assumed would be compatible with final cut) They are CAF files with a 44.1Khz sample rate. I tried converting them to 48 and to mp3, however both these options have not worked. the problem only occurs when i export the final video, not on the timeline

Jun 1, 2015 6:55 AM in response to gfq

Audio pops on output

I had the same problem. Deleted FCP-X, and compressor, removed preferences, rebooted and re-installed. Now I have an issue where it will fail to attach the video to the output files

Needless to say, I am thrilled with this new "feature"

One thing I did before that got rid of the pops/cracks was changing the compressor audio-settings to AAC instead of LPCM. That worked sometimes.

Jun 16, 2015 8:26 AM in response to gfq

Hey All,

I have a very similar problem when I exported to blu-ray. I've been working on a wedding with multicam clips (23.98i, stereo 48k), and during one of the speeches I dragged the multicam audio all the way down and instead added speech audio file (wave, stereo, 44.1) on the the timeline and synced it manually. The issue comes when export I it to blu-ray (1920x1080, 23.98fps; stereo, 48k) the audio is distorted and crackling only during the parts where the audio files is placed on a timeline where there is a multi-cam clip. Strangely this only happens for speeches, music soundtrack (mp3,44.1k) don't create the crackling distortion.

If I open angle editor for the multicam clip and add the same audio file into the multicam clip and export, the audio is fine. But if I place that same file under the multi-cam clip on the timeline and export it to blu-ray, the cracking and distortion comes back. Also note, the audio sounds fine during editing in fcpx (10.2.1), it's not clipping, as well, when I export it to DVD or H.264 file, these problems don't occur. Only during FCPX blu-ray burning does this occur.

I think this is a bug. Hope Apple has a solution for this.

Specs:

OS X 10.10.3

FCPX 10.2.1

External Blu Ray Burner - Samsung SE-506CB/RSBDM External USB 2.0 Blu-ray Write

Project - 1920x1080, 23.98p; stereo 44.1k

Audio cracking/ popping after export!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.