Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod touch 5th gen won't turn on, home button doesn't work and iTunes won't recognize it?

I bought this iPod about a year ago and after three months of having it the home button stopped working, other than that it works just fine. The problem is that all of a sudden it turned off, and it still had battery. I've tried to put it in recovery mode but it won't work because of the home button. I've also tried to charge it but nothing appears on the screen, and now iTunes won't recognize it either. I read that I should let it stand until the battery drains so I can charge it and that way it'd work again. Before all of this happened, it was working well. This problem has happened twice already but somehow I managed to make it work and put it in recovery mode with the home button and power button, but not this time..

What else can I do? I'm starting to get worried 😟

iPod touch, iOS 8.1.2, 5th generation

Posted on May 31, 2015 9:11 PM

2 replies

iPod touch 5th gen won't turn on, home button doesn't work and iTunes won't recognize it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.