Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I install older version of iPhoto?

I can not open iPhoto Library because it was migrated into updated system? Some photos are missing, how do I install and where do I find older version of iPhoto?

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011)

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 1:36 PM

9 replies

Jun 1, 2015 1:47 PM in response to KMailhiot

Terence Devlin

Apr 14, 2015 2:21 PM

Re: Is Iphoto gone ? i want it back!

Go to the App Store and check out the Purchases List. If iPhoto is there then it will be v9.6.1

If it is there, then drag your existing iPhoto app (not the library, just the app) to the trash

Install the App from the App Store.

Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

Jun 1, 2015 3:16 PM in response to Kappy

Thanks but I had already tried this and it does not appear in purchases or hidden. I do not see iPhoo in App Store either to reinstall. i had recently updated software to os Yosemite too I believe, can I go back to der software and older iPhoto? My default library shows all photos in iPhoto library manager but when it rebuilt library it didn't include 3 months of photos and Im trying to get those back. Ideas?

Jun 1, 2015 8:31 PM in response to LarryHN

Ever since updating to Yosemite a few weeks ago it show iPhoto in Applications but it has the No circle with slash through it sign on the icon. It is 9.2 version. If i try to open it or default library it says it's not compatible and to update to iPhoto 9.6 but it also won't let me do that because it is not in purchased, hidden or shown in App store. It came on my Mac on didn't install from a disk. I just want all the photos that are shown on my default library but they won't show in Photos or migrated library. Originally though iPhoto kept crashing because my library was large 303 GB, so updated to software to Yosemite and now can't use it at all. Want to be able to see photos so I can take them off my Mac and back them up. I do have Time Machine but I don't know if photos are on there or how to get them off if they are.

How do I install older version of iPhoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.