Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sub Pages in Thumbnail View

Pages Version 5.5.3

Why do sub pages appear in the thumbnail section and how do I ungroup those pages so they are independent?

Pages-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 2:23 PM

11 replies

Jun 4, 2015 11:57 PM in response to luanfromparkland

Hi LuAn,

Do you mean a persistent yellow box such as this?

(Example from Simple Newsletter template)

User uploaded file

Please reply with a screen shot of a small part of your screen (command shift 4 and drag). Full screen shots (command shift 3) are often difficult to read.

Wayne Contello has written a User Tip on how to post a screen shot.

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-6591

Regards,

Ian.

Jun 5, 2015 9:41 AM in response to Yellowbox

I discovered that you have to be in "Page Layout View" which you do by deselecting "Document Body"under the document tab.

This keeps all of your information on the same page without making a sub page. The disadvantage is that is buries the extra text in the text box below where you can see it. But, the advantage is that a new sub page doesn't appear every time you type beyond the allotted space per text box.

Thanks for your reply/

Dave

Jun 6, 2015 2:03 AM in response to dnotari

Hi Dave,

In my example, (Simple Newsletter) we have a Word Processing document with Text Boxes. But the Placeholder Text (in the Document Body) seems to "glue" the two pages into a single Section. Inserting a Section Break places the new Section below Page 2.

Click on the Placeholder Text and type to replace it. Even though my text flows over three pages, I can insert a Section Break at the end of Page 1.

User uploaded file

So the gremlin in this template (and maybe other templates) is the Placeholder Text.

A pity that the Pages 5 Template Chooser does not clearly delineate between Word Processing templates and Page Layout templates . It seem like pot luck.

Personally, I use templates for ideas and then do my own thing by starting with a blank (Word Processing) document.

Regards,

Ian.

Sub Pages in Thumbnail View

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.