Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod touch 5 gen is deleting any music that hasnt been purchased from the iTunes store directly.

Recently, my 16 gig iPod Touch 5th Gen has deleted any music that I have added via cd from my iPod. It's all still in my library, but isnt on my iPod. The only music that is showing up on the iPod itself is the music that I have purchased from iTunes. I've tried changing the settings on both the iPod and in the iTunes library and syncing it and it still wont go on.

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 1:21 PM

4 replies

Jun 3, 2015 1:34 PM in response to _carlyyy

That circle with the box you describe means that it thinks it hasn't downloaded those songs. When you plug in your iPod to the computer with iTunes, select the iPod from the Devices menu in iTunes. Go to the Music tab. The songs from the CD will probably show up but will be grayed out. Select them, then delete them by pressing delete/backspace, or right clicking and pressing Delete. Then, go back to the "My Music" tab, and drag those songs back to your iPod.

My iPod touch 5 gen is deleting any music that hasnt been purchased from the iTunes store directly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.