Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

You are not allowed to create or update this content.

User uploaded file

So this is pretty annoying to say the least. Anyone know why this happens or how to prevent it from happening?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 5, 2015 10:34 PM

7 replies

Jun 5, 2015 11:27 PM in response to babowa

That's what I thought too but a lot times it doesn't work that way. Like tonight I was trying to ask a different question altogether but after logging in and out and then back in again the same happened. There are some days when I just give up posting anything because no matter what I do I get the same message. I was only able to post this after logging in on a different device. Sometimes even that doesn't work.

Jun 6, 2015 9:10 AM in response to 60D807

There a times that I too have been logged off inexplicably - these are the "forum glitches" mentioned = no reason or cause, perhaps... What browser and version, please? Approximate date/time of the glitch? <(I had it happened to me yesterday afternoon - required Quit Firefox and start again - likely cookie related) - ÇÇÇ

Jul 7, 2015 2:02 PM in response to 60D807

I have just had a definitive Login TimeOut experience ...

In this thread in Using iPhone > Unable to receive calls on iphone 6 8.04, ActionFlow =

• Login state = TRUE
  • navigate to message from an email notice
  • do NOTHING for >30 minutes (besides wash dishes)
  • click Reply link
  • compose
  • CMD + S (= to [Reply] button)
  • Thinks I am actually Logged as User uploaded file - who is "banned from posting content"

User uploaded file

I was indeed logged out, of course - but it was "tight" as to the 30 minute limit so I tried anyway.

I see no way - with all this stuff actually happening on the "client side" until the magic moment of the {Reply] action - of solving this problem. A different ALERT/ERROR message is the only thing that I see that can be changed.

Jul 7, 2015 2:45 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

Oh wow now that is crazy. Kinda makes one wonder how secure an apple id actually is. Even with the best password there isn't much a consumer can do to protect against bad programming aside from not using it. And I wish Apple would take a little time in between releasing iOS updates to fix some of the crap on here. Someone told me that this site was actually outsourced to another company to build and maintain.. Still says Apple Inc. in the address bar though. One would think a company like apple would want to maintain a user friendly easy to navigate site... Eh not so much it seems.

Jul 7, 2015 3:02 PM in response to 60D807

60D807 wrote:

1. Oh wow now that is crazy.
  2. Kinda makes one wonder how secure an apple id actually is.
  3. Even with the best password there isn't much a consumer can do to protect against bad programming aside from not using it.
  4. And I wish Apple would take a little time in between releasing iOS updates to fix some of the crap on here.
  5. Someone told me that this site was actually outsourced to another company to build and maintain.. Still says Apple Inc. in the address bar though.
  6. One would think a company like apple would want to maintain a user friendly easy to navigate site... Eh not so much it seems.
  1. Yep. Pretty crazy - there is some glitch, which happens pretty rarely that confuses one's identity - then (my guess) compares your 'perceived' identity to a 'blacklist' of banned users - it used to always be a user named "asfahan" which now seems to be this other one, mostly
  2. I am sure that the security is VERY high - that's the actual 'problem' when these things happen - erring on the side of security caution
  3. again, security is paramount in Apple's implementation of the Apple ID in all its myriad services
  4. Don't we all...
  5. Yep. It is running on Social Business Software | Jive Software - MUCH dumbed down from its full capabilities, however
  6. One would think...

Like I said, merely popping an accurately worded alert would go a long way to making us feel better and understanding what has happened and how to overcome it.

buenos noches

ÇÇÇ

You are not allowed to create or update this content.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.