Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Unknown Title" playlists

I have successfully synched a playlist to my Watch (it actually appeared to be there before i connected to power and it synched!) but I also have 7 playlists called 'unknown title' that contain no music when they are opened. Has anybody else experienced this and how can they be removed?

Many thanks

Doug

Watch Standard 42mm, Watch OS 1.0.1

Posted on Jun 7, 2015 8:09 AM

45 replies

Mar 19, 2017 12:37 PM in response to Last Wordz

I can confirm that this worked for me as well: iOS 10, Watch OS 3. I followed Last Wordz's instructions exactly and my ghost "Unknown Title" playlist is gone! I don't use Apple Music or iTunes match so hopefully the ghost playlists will stay away. To anyone who wants to get rid of these annoying playlists and doesn't want to wipe your iPhone and start from scratch follow these instructions. (losing my activity and health data was unacceptable, as was the hours it would take to get everything how I like it again on my phone)

After the process, no album artwork was showing up on my Apple Watch. Only when I put the watch on the charger did it start showing up. It seems the watch will not sync album artwork for music on the iPhone until the watch is charging and everything has a chance to sync up.

May 17, 2017 5:28 PM in response to doug from stratford upon avon

Working off of Last Wordz instructions, I have fine tuned the instruction to eliminate several unnecessary steps such as unpairing the watch. Try the following:

0. Backup your Phone via iCloud!

1. Plug iPhone into Computer, uncheck "Sync Music" under the phone sync panel, then hit "Sync" and wait til complete.

2. Close iTunes

3. Download iFunBox (iFunbox is a iOS File System Browsing App) and install the app on your computer.

4. Open iFunBox. Go to the Raw System Storage/iTunes Control and delete everything inside here.

5. Unplug iPhone, restart both iPhone and Watch.

6. Plug iPhone in, iTunes should launch automatically (launch iTunes if not the case) and ask what you would like to do with this "New Phone." Select "Setup as New Phone." (Don't worry, your data is still intact)

7. Re-enable sync on all Music, Movies, TV Shows, etc.. and hit "Sync" and wait til finish.

8. "Unknown Title" playlists should be gone!

Shout out to OG Last Wordz!

Jul 6, 2015 2:33 PM in response to doug from stratford upon avon

I have the same problem but I have at least a few hundred playlists on my watch that are "unknown". I have to scroll ALLLLLLLLLLLL the way down to the bottom to find the rest of my playlists. These Unknown ones fall in the middle of my actual true list of playlist names. There must be some sort of bug in there with naming conventions or something thats freaking it out. I'm kind of surprised there are only the few of us here with this same problem. I wonder what we have in common?

I'll let you know if I find anything but Im not going to reset unless needed since it didn't work for you guys.

Jul 14, 2015 1:58 PM in response to CMD23

After much time spent on support chat and telephone calls, the problem has been rectified. Various options were tried with synching various playlists, tracks etc etc, erasing the Watch, unpinning and repairing. However, in the end the problem was fixed by erasing the phone and restoring from new, NOT backup. A bit of a pain with all the work that comes with re-donloading apps etc but worthwhile in the end. Hope you have the same luck.....

Jul 14, 2015 1:59 PM in response to lewciok

After much time spent on support chat and telephone calls, the problem has been rectified. Various options were tried with synching various playlists, tracks etc etc, erasing the Watch, unpinning and repairing. However, in the end the problem was fixed by erasing the phone and restoring from new, NOT backup. A bit of a pain with all the work that comes with re-donloading apps etc but worthwhile in the end. Hope you have the same luck.....

Jul 14, 2015 2:05 PM in response to IhsanEmogo

"Unknown Title" playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.