Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Thunderbolt Display - black and will not work

I have just bought a 27" Thunderbolt Display recently and i have already run into problems after only a week of using it.

Yesterday it started turning itself off and now it will not even come on. There is power going to the unit as it is charging my Macbook Pro but I cannot get anything on the screen.

I am running OX X Yosemite 10.10.3 This is so frustrating as i have paid (as you know) a lot of money for a new display and macbook. I am now reverting to just using the macbook screen.

Any ideas on what the cause could be please and how I could resolve it please.

Thanks

Helen

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Jun 10, 2015 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2015 2:49 PM

Try unplugging the display from the wall and wait 2 minutes and plug back in. This can reset the display. Could also be a bad TB cable. You can still return for a replacement.

2 replies

Jun 20, 2015 11:49 AM in response to Helen_Edwards

Helen_Edwards: It seems like many people are having this same issue with Apple's Thunderbolt display. Since you purchased your display recently, you can probably return it like tbirdvet suggests. Unfortunately the problem may resurface with a replacement display, in which case I suggest checking out my thread on this subject at: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7064555

I wish Apple would fix this issue, but it doesn't seem like they are going to in the near future. I hope this information is helpful to you!

Good luck!

Thunderbolt Display - black and will not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.