Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen iPhone - found scam?

My iPhone was stolen 2 weeks ago. The stolen phone on iCloud shows it is still offline. I have been receiving messages from apple.id.icloud.id@icloud.com saying "[notice] Your iPhone has been found, please go to www.apple-store-id.us to check the position!"Apple Support" Is this a scam? I haven't clicked on the link.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Jun 16, 2015 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2017 7:24 PM

I'm in South Africa

My iPhone was stolen. I had it blacklisted and sim card cancelled, and I activated the erase phone on iFind.

Later in the day, both my friend and father received a SMS from +278200725116*****, and since it was addressed to me, they forwarded it to me. It read:

"Notification;

Dear [my name];

This is Megan H. Lawrence from Apple care, we have received your Lost device from SAPS today, please provide us a valid details so we can assist you further and dispatch your device to the provided address. http://findmyiphone.lost-alert.cu.cc/?=35bl

findmyiphone.lost-alert.cu.cc"

I stupidly clicked on the device and page looked exactly like the iFind webpage. I entered my details and my device was no longer there. I didn't think anything of it as the Lost iPhone was activated and I simply thought they switched it on and it was erased. Since apple say you can't track phone anymore once it's erased, I thought this was normal. Now I am reading the forums and am extremely worried.

I since changed my password and activate the double authentication function. I hope I am on time.

<Edited by Host>
22 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2017 7:24 PM in response to wolverines26

I'm in South Africa

My iPhone was stolen. I had it blacklisted and sim card cancelled, and I activated the erase phone on iFind.

Later in the day, both my friend and father received a SMS from +278200725116*****, and since it was addressed to me, they forwarded it to me. It read:

"Notification;

Dear [my name];

This is Megan H. Lawrence from Apple care, we have received your Lost device from SAPS today, please provide us a valid details so we can assist you further and dispatch your device to the provided address. http://findmyiphone.lost-alert.cu.cc/?=35bl

findmyiphone.lost-alert.cu.cc"

I stupidly clicked on the device and page looked exactly like the iFind webpage. I entered my details and my device was no longer there. I didn't think anything of it as the Lost iPhone was activated and I simply thought they switched it on and it was erased. Since apple say you can't track phone anymore once it's erased, I thought this was normal. Now I am reading the forums and am extremely worried.

I since changed my password and activate the double authentication function. I hope I am on time.

<Edited by Host>

Apr 17, 2017 3:39 AM in response to wolverines26

My phone has been stolen and I can not see it in my account. The thief may have entered a new account. I hope you activate the finding of the phone until I see it on the map and to restore my stolen phone. You are provided with the purchase invoice, supplies and contents of the phone and its number. Please take a look at Claude 's service to find the phone

<Personal Information Removed by Host>

Jul 3, 2017 3:31 AM in response to wolverines26

I am a South African as well, and my friend's phone got stolen. This is the message i received :

Yours Case No. 4598790

A man arrested from johannesburg for smuggling of pre-owned Lost/Stolen iPhones. must registered your details to prove ownership by signing in to

http://icloudus.devicefoundios.com

So, we can assist you futher & help u getting your Apple Device.

Sincerely,

Megan Laurence from ( 

Apple support online care)

Criminals are getting good at making knockoff websites. Please always check for spelling mistakes, strange phone numbers and most of all, that the website link starts with https, not http. This is a quick way to check that the website that is requesting your information is legitimate.

Nov 20, 2017 1:27 AM in response to wolverines26

My iphone got stolen yesterday and today as soon as the phone was switched on by the thief (I'm assuming it was switched on as the message was received on one of my other phones and there is no way for the thief to know that other number), I got the following message:-

"Alert! Your lost iPhone 7 Plus has been located at 2:30 PM PDT. View location http://help-find-iphone.pe.hu/

Apple Support."

Surprisingly, this message came from the same display ID (Apple) from where I've received Apple verification codes in the past. When I clicked on the link it took me to a page which looked exactly liked an apple page. However, on the browser window before the link it showed "not secure". That alerted me that something's not right and I didn't enter my ID and password yet. Is there a way to verify if the above link is valid?

Jan 1, 2018 11:47 PM in response to wolverines26

Hi,

same thing just happened to me, and I have a two factor authentication turned on.

it says someone tried to log in from chengdu, china and i did not allow it. changed my password from the link they sent and input my password....

i then looked up the situtaion and read that it is a phishing attempt.... I then changed my password again.. should i be worried?

Sep 20, 2015 4:24 PM in response to wolverines26

do not fall for this, I did...

My iPhone was stolen and I had turned on the "contact me when found" then I received a very similar sms (I had imported my number to another iPhone). I didn't realize that it was a phishing attempt, clicked on it and entered my apple Id and Password. Immediately after this (almost instantaneously) I could no longer see my stolen iPhone on the Found my iPhone devices.

DO NOT FALL FOR THIS... you can talk to apple support, they are very helpful (I wish I had known this ahead of time and I wish I had contacted Apple).

Stolen iPhone - found scam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.