Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

com.hp.devicemodel.TransportProxy

com.hp.devicemodel.TransportProxy what is that?? I updated my macbook pro and tha fans ar running like crazy now. is that a bub in the update? please apple check that out! all the macs at home are like that. I had to reinstall Yosemite to stop from boiling my mac.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 21, 2015 1:45 PM

59 replies

Sep 6, 2017 3:15 AM in response to Martinez.2

These steps were helpful.

Reset the Printing System:

Note: This will remove all printers in the print and Fax/Scan, any printer removed can be re-added later by clicking the plus ➕ symbol.

1. Click the Apple icon and then click System Preferences.
  2. Click Printers & Scanners.
  3. Right-click (or Ctrl +click) in the left white side panel, then click Reset Printing System.
  4. Click OK to confirm the reset.
  5. Type the correct Name and Password.
  6. Click OK to reset the printing system.

source: Solved: com.hp.devicemodel.transportproxy uses 100 percent of CPU, p... - HP Support Forum - 5581256

Jun 21, 2015 1:51 PM in response to Martinez.2

It appears to be a driver for an HP printer/device.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-Setup/OS-X-Yosemite-Driv er-for-OJ-8600-Pro-loses-settings/td-p/4…

Try updating/reinstall the drivers for your HP devices.

Also try resetting the SMC since that can help with fan problems:

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)

Jun 25, 2015 11:00 AM in response to Martinez.2

Hi guys,

No need to update/reinstall the drivers for your HP devices. No need to uninstall the HP software by using the HP uninstaller (pre-Yosemite leftover)). Just go to the printers and scanners preference and delete the various entrees of trouble maker printer (the one who initiated the issue) from the list. Immediate solution guaranteed (it may take a few moments for the MacBook to cool down though).

com.hp.devicemodel.TransportProxy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.