Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Starbucks app and Apple Pay Issue

Can't reload Starbucks card in App with Apple Pay. Why is it giving me a red exclamation mark and says Billing Address? I know the address is correct.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 25, 2015 1:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2017 12:07 PM

Had the same issue other one specific credit card. Under Settings-->Wallet & Apple Pay I noticed I had multiple billing addresses. Deleted one but it kept coming back. Eventually deleted the card from Apple Pay completely and added it again (<5 minutes..) Even though the multiple billing addresses are still present, this fixed the problem for me.

25 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2017 12:07 PM in response to MissBP23

Had the same issue other one specific credit card. Under Settings-->Wallet & Apple Pay I noticed I had multiple billing addresses. Deleted one but it kept coming back. Eventually deleted the card from Apple Pay completely and added it again (<5 minutes..) Even though the multiple billing addresses are still present, this fixed the problem for me.

Dec 17, 2017 5:51 PM in response to MissBP23

like other posts, had this issue & fixed it by correcting the address listed under /settings/wallet & applepay . minor changes like adding capital letters & completing the full #####-#### zip code.

one word of caution - turn OFF auto reload. some thief in NJ (i'm in CA) was able to reload $50 & use a card i had on the app with no balance (a gift card i transferred to my main card). starbucks refunded me within the week, but fraud on a starbucks card loaded on the app are not usually what you keep an eye out for. luckily i had alerts on the linked credit card that warned me. a coworker had the same thing happen to her as well.

Jun 28, 2015 4:16 AM in response to MissBP23

Go to Settings (app) > Passbook & Apple Pay and select the card used for the transaction. There will be setting for 'Billing Information', which you may need to scroll to find. Make sure that's set to correct address. If you have multiple cards loaded into Apple Pay, you may want to check the 'Billing Information' for all of them.

Jul 1, 2015 9:22 AM in response to JaxFLBear

That makes sense that they would be handled differently. However, I never had an issue reloading my Starbucks card with Apple Pay until recently - as I mentioned, the billing address has not changed, and I verified it was correctly linked to the cards. I also tried reloading with a non-Apple Pay card, just one attached to my Starbucks account, and that failed with the same "Billing Address incorrect" message.

Out of curiosity, I just tried again after updating to iOS 8.4 last night - still no go.

Dec 30, 2015 8:44 AM in response to Rosemarie Lanaro1

I'm confused. When I got my 6S+ for Christmas, I restored from my 4S, and then added a credit card. A few days later, I opened the Wallet app and found two cards - the card I added, and the Starbucks card. I haven't yet used Apple Pay, but I did buy a Starbucks coffee using the Starbucks app. I infer that I could have used Apple Pay and the Starbucks card, and expect it would have worked the same way as using the Starbucks app.

I went to Settings/Wallet & Apple Pay - and only saw the one card I added there.

Could someone please explain the relationship between my Starbucks account (actually, my wife's - but it's only on my phone), and Apple Pay?

Thanks

Starbucks app and Apple Pay Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.